Stanthorpe rides/groups

jillybean

Stanthorpe rides/groups

Postby jillybean » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:50 pm

I will be in Stanthorpe for a few days mid Sept. Does anyone know of any group rides (if slow enough for me - only just back from a tibial plateau fracture so not fit) or details of some local rides that I can do while there?
1987 Colnago Master Piu | 1994 Trek OCLV Carbon |2013 Colnago CLX 3.0 Di2

elantra

Re: Stanthorpe rides/groups

Postby elantra » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:10 pm

jillybean wrote:I will be in Stanthorpe for a few days mid Sept. Does anyone know of any group rides (if slow enough for me - only just back from a tibial plateau fracture so not fit) or details of some local rides that I can do while there?
Not sure about group rides - but there is a forum member (Morini) who spends a lot of time in the Stanthorpe area so he might know.
I suggest you PM to him.
I have done a few rides in the Stanthorpe area that were in part organized by a cycling group based in Warwick.
Again, they might have more information to share with you about rides in warwick or Stanthorpe.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Redback- ... 7254885382

Stanthorpe area in September is renowned for wildflowers, chilly mornings and pleasant sunny days.
Try to visit some of the local attractions, if not by bicycle then perhaps by bus or car. :wink:

morini

Postby morini » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:04 am

Fantastic place to ride and a million choices of roads.

There's three. A Saturday group, who leave from the Post Office at 6:30, a Sunday group who leave at 7:00 and a third group who ride five or six times a week. Which is me and a bunch of other over 50 retards who never hit the road any earlier than 9:00, have no time restrictions and like sitting around afterwards drinking coffee and crapping on about politics and religion. PM me if you need any more details or want to get in contact with any of the other groups.

Cheers
Chris

Deciana

Postby Deciana » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:43 pm

Hi Chris. Me and my partner are in Stanthorpe for 2 weeks over Xmas and NY.
We'd love to join a bunch ride or two. Are you aware of any rides scheduled over the Xmas holidays?