Noosa Group Rides

foo on patrol

Noosa Group Rides

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:41 pm

Seeing as I'm going to be up that way next month for a week, what rides are available?

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

ldrcycles

Re: Noosa Group Rides

Postby ldrcycles » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:44 pm

http://noosacycling.com/training-ride/thursday/ Hover over the heading "training rides" ate the top right of the screen for the other days.

Duds2u is one of the vanguard of what i call the Sunday bunch, but the lucky so and so is retired so he gets to ride all the damn time :) . I'm sure he'll be along shortly with some actual info :) .
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:03 pm

Thanks mate! You better be available for a bloody ride when I get up there. :twisted:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

duds2u

Postby duds2u » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:07 pm

ldrcycles wrote:http://noosacycling.com/training-ride/thursday/ Hover over the heading "training rides" ate the top right of the screen for the other days.

Duds2u is one of the vanguard of what i call the Sunday bunch, but the lucky so and so is retired so he gets to ride all the damn time :) . I'm sure he'll be along shortly with some actual info :) .

Wish I was retired, I'd be able to do some decent miles. My riding is fitted in around full time work and lack of sleep.

Sunday mornings, 6 am at Raw Energy on Gympie Terrace, Normally about 80 to 100k but sometimes gets a bit stretched to 130K. Most of the bunch are in Italy for the Le Eroica at the moment so numbers are way down.

Tuesday morning 5.15 also at Raw Sunrise loop. There is another bunch leave Noosa Bike Shop at 6 am, same ride but can be a bit a bit quicker depending on who is there.
Thursdays 6 am Noosa Bike Shop for the Boreen Point run
Saturdays 6am Noosa Fire Station for a run down the David Lowe Way to Mudjimba and back

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:16 pm

duds2u wrote:Tuesday morning 5.15 also at Raw Sunrise loop. There is another bunch leave Noosa Bike Shop at 6 am, same ride but can be a bit a bit quicker depending on who is there.

Might keep this in mind when I'm up there for the Tri in November, I really like the Sunrise Loop, I started with the Noosa bike shop bunch but was dropped on the hill and got a bit lost!
Lisa

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:53 pm

Well I never got to any of the bunch rides as I was to busy hurting myself. :shock:

Foo
Goal 6000km

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:46 pm

There's more hurt in the Thursday bunch than the ride we did! :)
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:44 pm

Shut up dirtbag! :lol:

Foo
Goal 6000km

doggatas

Postby doggatas » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:27 am

This is great. Ill be at Noosa from 30/10 to 06/11. Nice to know there are a few group rides, I don't know the roads so this will help a lot. I'll be limited on the Sunday due to watching the missus compete in the triathlon (she is also doing the Bolt on the Saturday) but all the other days I'll be good to go. Also what level/distances are the group rides?

Can anyone recommend a bike shop in case I need to purchase some consumables?

Edit: Ignore question about level/distance. I have reviewed the Noosa Cycling site.(what a great site)

Ryanhyltoncummins

Postby Ryanhyltoncummins » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:17 pm

Check out this website I came across http://noosacycling.com they have rides listed on each day of week with varied speeds/distances.