River Loop - Macgregor Drive Closure

ValleyForge

River Loop - Macgregor Drive Closure

Postby ValleyForge » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:41 pm

I know I tend to take threatened maintenance work around UQ with a grain of salt, but they really did close Macgregor drive this morning. Only a day after the scheduled closure :roll:.

Anyone aware of how long it's closed for?
Ha ha ha! Cookies on dowels.

elantra

Re: River Loop - Macgregor Drive Closure

Postby elantra » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:53 pm

It is closed until January 11th.

Closed just after the Blair Drive intersection i think.
Try Ryan's Rd / Carmody Rd / Swann Rd to get to St Lucia Golf club roundabout.
There are ways to get to Upland Rd through the uni, but that would be inappropriate for bunches of riders.
"Technology gives us much more information but Education is never be able to give us the skill to evaluate it"

clydesmcdale

Postby clydesmcdale » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:28 pm

The standard Riverloop has changed as per the road works. Most people are now doing this portion of the loop to accommodate the closure.

http://www.strava.com/segments/4957622
That is, turn right at the lights on to Colridge, Left onto Carmody then Right onto Upland, which will connect with the rest of the loop

ValleyForge

Postby ValleyForge » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:21 pm

clydesmcdale wrote:The standard Riverloop has changed as per the road works. Most people are now doing this portion of the loop to accommodate the closure.

http://www.strava.com/segments/4957622
That is, turn right at the lights on to Colridge, Left onto Carmody then Right onto Upland, which will connect with the rest of the loop

Thanks clydesmcdale. I grew up in St Lucia so I know it like the back of my hand; successfully navigated the bunch up and out of the closure up Cooper Rd on Tuesday.

We had ridden on Monday and it was open, hence my suspicion that the UQ maintenance guys had gone to Straddie fishing.
Ha ha ha! Cookies on dowels.