F**KING PEDESTRIANS! (Riverfire)

F**KING PEDESTRIANS! (Riverfire)

Postby russellgarrard » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:06 am

Gee...did any of you go out riding last night? Absolute madness, as well as the usual moron's using the bicycle crossing's at the lights to cross, we had people actually sitting on the shared path's down near QUT. Not to mention people walking on and sitting on the BIKEWAY from southbank leading around to the 'bike freeway' that runs from south brisbane to upper mt gravatt.

Not to forget those wonderful morons walking themselves and their family and planting their butts ON the bike freeway to watch riverfire. Fair enough if you were a cyclist to see it from there with the flashers going, but to actually be so stupid to do this where people WILL clock 35+ is insane. You don't sit in the middle of a f**king road to watch the fireworks do you expecting the cars to go around? IDIOTS!

Oh, also, thanks to the wonderful people blowing around at normal speed on the shared paths yesterday, (I know it's not anyone in here...or I hope not) especially when the limit on the shared path from under the bridge to QUT is only 10km/h!

Also, thanks to the dear friend who I almost pulled out in front of, even though I was indicating for the past 5 seconds that I was going around a pedestrian, the moron even had the balls to shout out 'motorcycle's aren't allowed on the bikeway'. Shame coronation drive is a shared path and I'm not on a motorcycle!

Also, you do have some decent driver's in brisbane, they don't seem to be bothering me too much. I like the fact some of them are kind enough to actually let you in to go past an obstruction in the bikelane!

Though I actually got abused for abusing a younger girl, think 20-ish who opened her door in the middle of the bike lane, had the horn going while trying to pull up. She kept it open for the next minute discussing a document with her friend while keeping the door open blocking the bikelane! Really pissed me off!

Anyway, rant over
russellgarrard

by BNA » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:47 pm

BNA

Postby MountGower » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:47 pm

I would say that last night was always a night for joining them, not beating them. What you found was rather predictable.
MountGower

Re: F**KING PEDESTRIANS! (Riverfire)

Postby Matt_Matt » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:37 pm

bendertiger wrote:Gee...did any of you go out riding last night? Absolute madness, as well as the usual moron's using the bicycle crossing's at the lights to cross, we had people actually sitting on the shared path's down near QUT. Not to mention people walking on and sitting on the BIKEWAY from southbank leading around to the 'bike freeway' that runs from south brisbane to upper mt gravatt.

Not to forget those wonderful morons walking themselves and their family and planting their butts ON the bike freeway to watch riverfire. Fair enough if you were a cyclist to see it from there with the flashers going, but to actually be so stupid to do this where people WILL clock 35+ is insane. You don't sit in the middle of a f**king road to watch the fireworks do you expecting the cars to go around? IDIOTS!

Oh, also, thanks to the wonderful people blowing around at normal speed on the shared paths yesterday, (I know it's not anyone in here...or I hope not) especially when the limit on the shared path from under the bridge to QUT is only 10km/h!

Also, thanks to the d***h*** who I almost pulled out in front of, even though I was indicating for the past 5 seconds that I was going around a pedestrian, the moron even had the balls to shout out 'motorcycle's aren't allowed on the bikeway'. Shame coronation drive is a shared path and I'm not on a motorcycle!

Also, you do have some decent driver's in brisbane, they don't seem to be bothering me too much. I like the fact some of them are kind enough to actually let you in to go past an obstruction in the bikelane!

Though I actually got abused for abusing a younger girl, think 20-ish who opened her door in the middle of the bike lane, had the horn going while trying to pull up. She kept it open for the next minute discussing a document with her friend while keeping the door open blocking the bikelane! Really pissed me off!

Anyway, rant over

So what were you expecting ........ ?

Matt
Matt_Matt

Postby neil13 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:55 am

I was out that way on Saturday morning and found the same level of stupidity!!!
neil13

Postby Crawf » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:18 am

neil13 wrote:I was out that way on Saturday morning and found the same level of stupidity!!!

Commuting along that path daily, I'd expect nothing less.
I went along there on Saturday morning and knew it would be a showtime fight.
Nothing you can do, just slow down in that area and enjoy the rest of the ride.
Crawf

Postby neil13 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:40 pm

Jacobite wrote:... and enjoy the rest of the ride.

That I did!!! 8)
neil13

Postby mich rolling » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:25 pm

If you can hit 30km/hr what are you doing on the shared path?

You are fast enough (and presumably experienced enough) to mix it on the road.
mich rolling

Postby russellgarrard » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:58 pm

Well....the fact the shared path is the only way to get to where I need to go, there is NO road or a very very backwater way to get to where I need to. I WILL hit 30km/h on a SHARED path but will always drop back to pedestrians speeds until safe to overtake.
russellgarrard

Postby Matt_Matt » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:20 pm

bendertiger wrote:Well....the fact the shared path is the only way to get to where I need to go, there is NO road or a very very backwater way to get to where I need to. I WILL hit 30km/h on a SHARED path but will always drop back to pedestrians speeds until safe to overtake.

So why the rant ..... ?

Matt
Matt_Matt

Postby beauyboy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:04 am

Ok a history lesson.
Coro bikeway was once a bike only bikeway until a few years back

Ok a fact
Most cyclists on the coro will be easily breaking 30kmph when safe to do so (including me)

Ok the future
the coro bikeway will undergo a $20 million upgrade making it into a segregated path to improve safety and capacity

Donald
BCC give us some more bikeways fore safe travel!!!!
Upgrade the NCL now QR!!!!!!
http://nakedcyclistbrissy.blogspot.com/
My views do not represent any organisation I may be apart of unless otherwise stated
beauyboy

Postby russellgarrard » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:09 am

matt_matt, it's alot of little tiny rants combined into one big rant, I still don't know why you guys seem to be focusing on '30km/h' and 'shared path' when I never even mention '30km/h' and still don't understand WHY you guys think it's okay for a pedestrian to turn into an inmobile object by SITTING on a SHARED PATH!

Or why it's okay for cyclist's to blow through at 35km/h on a shared path which currently has a speed restriction of 10km/h!
russellgarrard

Return to Queensland