Ippy Imperial/metric ton earlybird offer

elantra

Ippy Imperial/metric ton earlybird offer

Postby elantra » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:39 pm

FYI. Earlybird prices for this event are on offer till 5pm Monday 16th.
Only 70 dollars for the metric and 80 dollars for the imperial distance events, which is significantly cheaper than many other Gran Fondo-style events.

Disclosure - i am not associated with the event organization but i have done this event in the past and it is better than most.
http://www.ipswich100.com.au/

Waccofozzy

Re: Ippy Imperial/metric ton earlybird offer

Postby Waccofozzy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:29 pm

I'm there, metric 100. Will be PB if I make it, haven't been over 90k's before but hey, what's another 10k.
I have OFS - Old, Fat and Slow

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:11 pm

I'm hoping to ride the metric one this year. These are my old stomping grounds from ma younger and racing days. :)

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

juddo

Postby juddo » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:17 pm

Thanks for the heads up Elantra! Nice country side, will be there for sure
2014 Muru Witjira
2013 Cargo Bakfiets
2012 Salsa Vaya
2011 BMC Sl01

Waccofozzy

Postby Waccofozzy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:59 pm

So who went?

I did the 100k (my first) and apart from slashing my front tyre after running off the road while daydreaming, I really enjoyed it. The setup in terms of support was fantastic IMO, good signage, volunteers at every intersection, lots of fruit and fluid at the rest stops, and the Yellow Jersey roving repair vehicle was worth it's weight in gold. I no sooner had the wheel off when they pulled up, repaired my damage and away I went.

Definitely back for more next year.
I have OFS - Old, Fat and Slow

elantra

Postby elantra » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:12 am

Waccofozzy wrote:So who went?

I did the 100k (my first) and apart from slashing my front tyre after running off the road while daydreaming, I really enjoyed it. The setup in terms of support was fantastic IMO, good signage, volunteers at every intersection, lots of fruit and fluid at the rest stops, and the Yellow Jersey roving repair vehicle was worth it's weight in gold. I no sooner had the wheel off when they pulled up, repaired my damage and away I went.

Definitely back for more next year.
I did the 100km.
Have done it before but this was the most enjoyable time for me despite the weather which was unseasonally hot.

As you would expect the bunches are a bit congested to begin with but the road opens up after Rosewood.
The 100km riders that i saw seemed to all be very happy, just a few pulled off beside the road with broken spokes or bad cramps.
I have heard that the 160km riders suffered in the heat and there was a rider injured in that group.
It would perhaps be nicer if the relatively short section of main road between Purga to Yamanto could be bypassed.
It was busy with cars and not all of them were happy to pass at a sensible distance.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:34 pm

I stuffed up, I wasn't expecting it till later on, so I didn't twig that it was on this early! :roll: :oops:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km