V1 Veloway detour at Logan Road.

dclnmurray

V1 Veloway detour at Logan Road.

Postby dclnmurray » Sun May 10, 2015 7:21 am

Hi All

Project works
• Access from Logan Road to the service road will be closed for the construction of the northern end of
the bus link
• Please detour via Bleasby Road onto the bus link and new service road to access the Logan Road
Service Road.

See this link for details and PDF map.

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Projects/Name ... ution.aspx

Regards

Dave

PiratePete

Re: V1 Veloway detour at Logan Road.

Postby PiratePete » Sun May 10, 2015 5:33 pm

Ran into this yesterday, basically if coming from the south or east (aka Bulimba Creek bikeway), after crossing Logan rd, turn left (south), continue to Bleasby along the narrow footpath, west along Bleasby till Warrigal Rd, then turn north on the new bit of Warrigal Rd. This runs you into the western side of the road works. If there is a neat way to enter the V1 I must have missed it, and went across the grass and through the gutter.

Plenty of signs saying cyclists must dismount, a simple mud map where you cross Logan Rd would have been nice.
2015 Specialized Diverge Carbon Expert
2013 Giant Reign MTB.
Pirate Pete on Instagram

marinmomma

Re: V1 Veloway detour at Logan Road.

Postby marinmomma » Sun May 10, 2015 9:11 pm

Thanks for posting this....I came down the V1 southbound Friday full pelt to find the fence blocking the path!
The new path around to Warrigal/Bleasby Rds was ok in width however the detour path on Logan road looks like a nightmare being so narrow...I took the risk and used Logan Rd to get down to the lights to cross over, not sure that the detour path is wide enough to accommodate bike passing each other!

Agree that some warnings would have been appreciated, there's been work happening in that area for months now.
Lisa