River Loop Lambert St Indooroopilly

PiratePete

River Loop Lambert St Indooroopilly

Postby PiratePete » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:30 am

Hi Folks,

I had a close pass by a guy driving a silver Mitsubishi Mirage (rego 653FRN) this morning. I've quickly put the footage together with his audio taken from my Fly6 but the image from my front camera (Rideye - useless Mic). Apologizes in advance as the audio is slightly out of sync. Turn up the volume, the audio says it all.

The disturbing part is that it appears that he is working on a construction site on Lambert St (on the left when heading towards Indro station near Central Ave), which would suggest that he probably drives along here every day. He came from the St Lucia Golf course direction (on Lambert) and passed me while approaching the round-a-bout (Harts & Lambert). He was going fast enough that he had to proceed past is job site, and turned into Central Ave to turn around (that's where I bailed him up). Had he followed me through the round-a-bout, he could have done a u-turn at the job, and parked easily...

https://youtu.be/bUSd3KII0O0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll pass this onto the police given the location and his attitude which to me shows intent should an incident occur. I won't hold my breath that the QPS will do anything though. He arrived to work at around 06:00AM
2015 Specialized Diverge Carbon Expert
2013 Giant Reign MTB.
Pirate Pete on Instagram

Crawf

Re: River Loop Lambert St Indooroopilly

Postby Crawf » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:53 pm

I'd be returning with paint solvent the next morning.

Ignoto

Postby Ignoto » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:48 pm

If you recognise what site he's working at, you could contact whatever company he's employed by and inform them of their stellar employee while getting to the job site.

PiratePete

Postby PiratePete » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:02 pm

Ignoto wrote:If you recognise what site he's working at, you could contact whatever company he's employed by and inform them of their stellar employee while getting to the job site.
Looks like the site is going to be a block of flats, so the gentleman in question is probably a contractor, working for a contractor, working for the building company. However I'll be passing there on Wednesday again so will try this avenue. However I suspect that the builder won't be excited by a whinging cyclist given how many cyclists pass this point every day, and that we all don't necessarily help our cause.
2013 Giant Reign MTB.
Pirate Pete on Instagram

richbee

Postby richbee » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:12 pm

Report it to the site manager in any case including the QPS incident report number, and copy Worksafe as well. The construction site operator has a duty of care to the public which extends to transportation to & from the worksite. This particular individuals actions are very much in breach of that duty of care.

PiratePete

Postby PiratePete » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:48 pm

Received a letter from QPS today, they reviewed my statement and the footage, no case to answer, no need to have a chat.
2013 Giant Reign MTB.
Pirate Pete on Instagram