Popular Bike Shops
Join the Cycling Forums on Strava
Australian Cycling Forums on Strava
Latest Reviews and Articles
Will your next bike be Intelligent? ABS and Smart Bike Tech
Vitus Vitesse EVO Disc Review – Speed Machine indeed!
- Posts: 476
- Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:57 am
- Location: The Dandenongs
1. What are the streets of GC like for road riding?
2. How far out of the city would I need to ride to hit some hills?
3. What are the most popular routes for riding (50-100+km)?
- Posts: 142
- Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 1:13 pm
Bicycle Centre at Nerang also do a Sat morning ride and mid week.
There's hills down southern end of coast but I don't know that area. Look out through Paradise Point Hope Island and back through Helensvale is OK but flat.
- Posts: 826
- Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:37 pm
- Location: Port Macquarie NSW
Nobody looks back on their life....and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep !!
- Posts: 389
- Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:07 pm
- Location: Gold Coast
Some can be linked together.
Big loop if you are really keen
- Posts: 2106
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:01 am
- Location: Trying to avoid the Brisbane traffic.
Dimma wrote:This is a nice loop
Crikeys - only about 270 km, and about 7900 metres climbing!
Sort of compares with the toughest mountain stages of the TdF, Giro or Vuelta, but with indifferent aussie roads and marsupial hazards additional.
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Malvern Star
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.