Cyclists allowed to ride on the footpath

Postby kwv » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:53 pm

Graeme not nipping the following in the bud, because you wrote it, not much of a mod are you?

Nip others comments in the bud, but similar comments from you Graeme is ok?

"You must be kidding kwv. Is English not your native language? That may explain why your writing style is so hard to follow"

But writing comments based on someone English proves you are too weak to admit you don't answers and it is easier to attack someone English.
kwv
 

by BNA » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:58 pm

BNA
 

Postby Kalgrm » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:58 pm

kwv wrote:Graeme,
You don't give a damm about me and gloves are off, because you think it is okay to be calling someone a troll because all I done like you, is to express an opinion and be asking questions and I proved in some comments you don't check facts?

Maybe I should call you a troll?

But I won't as I won't sink that low.

And we can't change the laws, are you sure?

Because who reverse the Work Choices Law, us or The MP?

Who has you spoken to to claim "Also Most of us agree that riding off a footpath into pedestrians is a stupid thing to do"?

And in riding straight off the footpath, doesn't that mean someone is defending the action?

So you actually can't read. You've just confirmed it.

Look back there and try to read the quote of mine highlighted in red. It said, and I quote:
I needed to nip the "troll" comment in the bud before the thread got taken off into a debate about what a troll is and whether or not kwv is one (I don't think he/she is.)

I did not call you a troll. I said quite clearly that I didn't think you were. I also tried to stop others from calling you a troll.

No, I have taken my gloves off because your behaviour here is childish. Good luck surviving and getting any valid point across to the sensible members of this forum. So far you're failing miserably and looking foolish whilst trying. I won't be stopping others from attacking you.

Have fun before your inevitable banning from the forum occurs.

Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------------------------
My web site: www.scenebyhird.com
---------------------------------------
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance
User avatar
Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 9236
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Spearwood, 9km SE of Fremantle, WA

Postby Kalgrm » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:00 pm

kwv wrote:Graeme not nipping the following in the bud, because you wrote it, not much of a mod are you?

Nip others comments in the bud, but similar comments from you Graeme is ok?

"You must be kidding kwv. Is English not your native language? That may explain why your writing style is so hard to follow"

But writing comments based on someone English proves you are too weak to admit you don't answers and it is easier to attack someone English.

As I said, the gloves are off mate.
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------------------------
My web site: www.scenebyhird.com
---------------------------------------
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance
User avatar
Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 9236
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Spearwood, 9km SE of Fremantle, WA

Postby kwv » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:07 pm

Kalgrm wrote:
kwv wrote:Graeme,
You don't give a damm about me and gloves are off, because you think it is okay to be calling someone a troll because all I done like you, is to express an opinion and be asking questions and I proved in some comments you don't check facts?

Maybe I should call you a troll?

But I won't as I won't sink that low.

And we can't change the laws, are you sure?

Because who reverse the Work Choices Law, us or The MP?

Who has you spoken to to claim "Also Most of us agree that riding off a footpath into pedestrians is a stupid thing to do"?

And in riding straight off the footpath, doesn't that mean someone is defending the action?

So you actually can't read. You've just confirmed it.

Look back there and try to read the quote of mine highlighted in red. It said, and I quote:
I needed to nip the "troll" comment in the bud before the thread got taken off into a debate about what a troll is and whether or not kwv is one (I don't think he/she is.)

I did not call you a troll. I said quite clearly that I didn't think you were. I also tried to stop others from calling you a troll.

No, I have taken my gloves off because your behaviour here is childish. Good luck surviving and getting any valid point across to the sensible members of this forum. So far you're failing miserably and looking foolish whilst trying. I won't be stopping others from attacking you.

Have fun before your inevitable banning from the forum occurs.

Graeme


Go back and read my comments Graeme, because if you did you would have noticed I did not say you called me a troll.

I did in fact say, you nipped the troll comment in the bud, but did you or did you not write comments attacking my English?

And yes I must be getting valid point across to the sensible members of this forum, as the sensible members replied with valid points and not stupid comments especially when they failed to read other people comments before replying.

PS Why are we waiting?

And we can't change the laws, are you sure?

Because who reverse the Work Choices Law, us or The MP?
kwv
 

Postby kwv » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:09 pm

Kalgrm wrote:
kwv wrote:Graeme not nipping the following in the bud, because you wrote it, not much of a mod are you?

Nip others comments in the bud, but similar comments from you Graeme is ok?

"You must be kidding kwv. Is English not your native language? That may explain why your writing style is so hard to follow"

But writing comments based on someone English proves you are too weak to admit you don't answers and it is easier to attack someone English.

As I said, the gloves are off mate.


Your own comments proves you are not my mate gr, so stop crawling thinking you are and why you are at it, give up being mod, as you are not worthy being one.
kwv
 

Postby kwv » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:16 pm

Kalgrm wrote:
kwv wrote:Graeme,
You don't give a damm about me and gloves are off, because you think it is okay to be calling someone a troll because all I done like you, is to express an opinion and be asking questions and I proved in some comments you don't check facts?

Maybe I should call you a troll?

But I won't as I won't sink that low.

And we can't change the laws, are you sure?

Because who reverse the Work Choices Law, us or The MP?

Who has you spoken to to claim "Also Most of us agree that riding off a footpath into pedestrians is a stupid thing to do"?

And in riding straight off the footpath, doesn't that mean someone is defending the action?

So you actually can't read. You've just confirmed it.

Look back there and try to read the quote of mine highlighted in red. It said, and I quote:
I needed to nip the "troll" comment in the bud before the thread got taken off into a debate about what a troll is and whether or not kwv is one (I don't think he/she is.)

I did not call you a troll. I said quite clearly that I didn't think you were. I also tried to stop others from calling you a troll.

No, I have taken my gloves off because your behaviour here is childish. Good luck surviving and getting any valid point across to the sensible members of this forum. So far you're failing miserably and looking foolish whilst trying. I won't be stopping others from attacking you.

Have fun before your inevitable banning from the forum occurs.

Graeme


Nipping the troll comment in the bud.

But writing comments like ""You must be kidding kwv. Is English not your native language? That may explain why your writing style is so hard to follow" good luck surviving as a mod gr.
kwv
 

Postby Kalgrm » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:16 pm

Your own comments proves you are not my mate gr, so stop crawling thinking you are and why you are at it, give up being mod, as you are not worthy being one.

Apparently irony isn't one of your strong points either. :roll:
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------------------------
My web site: www.scenebyhird.com
---------------------------------------
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance
User avatar
Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 9236
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Spearwood, 9km SE of Fremantle, WA

Postby kwv » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:17 pm

As I got a very poor, slow and no response from Brisbane Council especially The CEO and The Lord Mayor, but the cycling Unit of Queensland Transport and The Minister for Transport.

Because they don't really care if lives are at risk and many cyclists break the law?

Can someone explain how can allowing cyclists to ride a legal road vehicle on the footpath be a sane and safe idea?

Especially when not only just a few cyclists but many ride in a very dangerous manner.

Such as against the red and straight off the footpath onto a pedestrians crossing especially at The Intersection of Vulture and Biundary St West End and The crossing on North Quay end of Victoria Bridge?

But a USA based cyclists group said allowing cyclists to ride on the footpath is a stupid and dangerous idea.

PS Yes there are drivers who run the red, so why do some cyclists thinks this an excuse to do the same?

PPS If they don't change The Local Laws so cyclists are not allowed to ride an legal road vehicle on the footpath, maybe there should a new law allowing motorists to drive and park an legal road vehicle (The Car) on the footpath?
kwv
 

Postby kwv » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:18 pm

Kalgrm wrote:
Your own comments proves you are not my mate gr, so stop crawling thinking you are and why you are at it, give up being mod, as you are not worthy being one.

Apparently irony isn't one of your strong points either. :roll:


Nipping a troll comment in the bud, but attacking someone with a English Comment.

Being a mod is not your stong point hey gr?

Now unless you got something useful to write including admiting the truth, bugger off.
kwv
 

Postby Kalgrm » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:21 pm

kwv wrote:... good luck surviving as a mod gr.

Oh, I don't think there is any danger of me losing this onerous task soon.

Besides, one of the perks of the job is that any time I think you might be threatening to take over as a moderator from me, I can simply delete this thread. All your good work will be undone in a flash of Machiavellian anger.

Are we there yet?
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------------------------
My web site: www.scenebyhird.com
---------------------------------------
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance
User avatar
Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 9236
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Spearwood, 9km SE of Fremantle, WA

Postby Kalgrm » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:23 pm

Here's a PM from kwv to me.
Nipping a troll in the bud, but attacking someone with a English Comment.

Being a mod is not your stong point hey gr?

Now unless you got something useful to write including admiting the truth, bugger off.

Keep it in the public arena kwv. If you're going to be a tool, may as well shout it to the whole world.

I won't be responding to any PMs from you.
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------------------------
My web site: www.scenebyhird.com
---------------------------------------
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance
User avatar
Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 9236
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Spearwood, 9km SE of Fremantle, WA

Postby kwv » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:26 pm

Kalgrm wrote:Here's a PM from kwv to me.
Nipping a troll in the bud, but attacking someone with a English Comment.

Being a mod is not your stong point hey gr?

Now unless you got something useful to write including admiting the truth, bugger off.

Keep it in the public arena kwv. If you're going to be a tool, may as well shout it to the whole world.

I won't be responding to any PMs from you.


gr,
Yes we should keep it in public to prove your own comments and releasing a PM in public.

Prove you are not worthy of being a mod gr and good at being a tool.
kwv
 

Postby Kalgrm » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:32 pm

I would rather keep your snide remarks out in the open where all can read them. Do you actually have anything to say?

It must be getting embarrassing for you, fighting against a moderator and not having any support from the other members. Don't think they aren't watching, either - most of them will have the popcorn out by now, settling in for a good stoush.

If it gets too much, one of the other moderators will come on and lock the thread. Until then, I'm happy to play with you.

Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------------------------
My web site: www.scenebyhird.com
---------------------------------------
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance
User avatar
Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 9236
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Spearwood, 9km SE of Fremantle, WA

Postby kwv » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:35 pm

Kalgrm wrote:
kwv wrote:... good luck surviving as a mod gr.

Oh, I don't think there is any danger of me losing this onerous task soon.

Besides, one of the perks of the job is that any time I think you might be threatening to take over as a moderator from me, I can simply delete this thread. All your good work will be undone in a flash of Machiavellian anger.

Are we there yet?
Graeme



In threating to delete this thread. Because you claim without facts that I am trying to take over as mod.

Proves you are not a worthy mod who has a God or mighty complex.
kwv
 

Postby kwv » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:36 pm

Kalgrm wrote:I would rather keep your snide remarks out in the open where all can read them. Do you actually have anything to say?

It must be getting embarrassing for you, fighting against a moderator and not having any support from the other members. Don't think they aren't watching, either - most of them will have the popcorn out by now, settling in for a good stoush.

If it gets too much, one of the other moderators will come on and lock the thread. Until then, I'm happy to play with you.

Graeme


Play with someone else, as you don't pay me enough.

And I don't mind someone locking this thread, as I would be happy to see your ego go down.
kwv
 

Postby kwv » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:38 pm

Kalgrm wrote:I would rather keep your snide remarks out in the open where all can read them. Do you actually have anything to say?

It must be getting embarrassing for you, fighting against a moderator and not having any support from the other members. Don't think they aren't watching, either - most of them will have the popcorn out by now, settling in for a good stoush.

If it gets too much, one of the other moderators will come on and lock the thread. Until then, I'm happy to play with you.

Graeme


It must be getting embarrassing for you Graeme, is that everyone can see you are not fit and proper person to be a mod?

:lol:


But have you considered why no one is coming to defend me?

It could because they don't want to be banned by you, because you didn't like them defending me.

Now back to my 1st post and what this is about.
kwv
 

Postby Kalgrm » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:43 pm

kwv wrote:In threating to delete this thread. Because you claim without facts that I am trying to take over as mod.

Proves you are not a worthy mod who has a God or mighty complex.

You really don't get irony, do you? Are you American?
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------------------------
My web site: www.scenebyhird.com
---------------------------------------
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance
User avatar
Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 9236
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Spearwood, 9km SE of Fremantle, WA

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:43 pm

Hello,
For those who don't know me, I am the site admin and was asked by kwv to look at this post and think about whether Kalgrm should keep his mod duties.

Yes, absolutely nothing here which would make me think twice about Kalgrm who is a real asset for the forum and to be honest is is much easier for me to defend a member who has been with the forum for a long time than a newly registered member who's first thread is filled more with arguing and finger pointing rather than discussing a topic.

My recommendation, lets close this up, it doesn't look like much fun. If the initial topic is addressed again, lets not make it personal.

Cheers
Christopher
User avatar
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8451
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 am
Location: Sydney

Postby Kalgrm » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:46 pm

Good idea - we really should get on topic. Let's try to get an answer for your question, which I believe is as quoted below
kwv wrote:Can someone explain how can allowing cyclists to ride a legal road vehicle on the footpath be a sane and safe idea?

Especially when it is not legal in all places of Australia and a USA Cycling group said it is a dangerous and stupid idea.

Anyone have an answer?
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------------------------
My web site: www.scenebyhird.com
---------------------------------------
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance
User avatar
Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 9236
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Spearwood, 9km SE of Fremantle, WA

Postby kwv » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:48 pm

Kalgrm wrote:
kwv wrote:In threating to delete this thread. Because you claim without facts that I am trying to take over as mod.

Proves you are not a worthy mod who has a God or mighty complex.

You really don't get irony, do you? Are you American?


Rather then addressing what I 1st wrote in bold below.

And instead asking me about my English and asking if I am an American, proves kalgrm (Graeme) is a great asset as a Mod?

As I got a very poor, slow and no response from Brisbane Council especially The CEO and The Lord Mayor, but the cycling Unit of Queensland Transport and The Minister for Transport.

Because they don't really care if lives are at risk and many cyclists break the law?

Can someone explain how can allowing cyclists to ride a legal road vehicle on the footpath be a sane and safe idea?

Especially when not only just a few cyclists but many ride in a very dangerous manner.

Such as against the red and straight off the footpath onto a pedestrians crossing especially at The Intersection of Vulture and Biundary St West End and The crossing on North Quay end of Victoria Bridge?

But a USA based cyclists group said allowing cyclists to ride on the footpath is a stupid and dangerous idea.

PS Yes there are drivers who run the red, so why do some cyclists thinks this an excuse to do the same?

PPS If they don't change The Local Laws so cyclists are not allowed to ride an legal road vehicle on the footpath, maybe there should a new law allowing motorists to drive and park an legal road vehicle (The Car) on the footpath?
kwv
 

Postby kwv » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:49 pm

Kalgrm wrote:
kwv wrote:In threating to delete this thread. Because you claim without facts that I am trying to take over as mod.

Proves you are not a worthy mod who has a God or mighty complex.

You really don't get irony, do you? Are you American?


I am not an American, but thanks for asking kal and the movie with our own Nicole Kiddman in it was a great movie wasn't it?
kwv
 

Postby Lark2004 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:49 pm

I see no point in anyone participating in this thread anymore. Nothing is being reolved, and kwv seems intent on picking a fight, regardless of who it is with.

I also think they may have another agenda here, in which getting us to post attacks on them is in their favour, I have seen things like this done on other forums, and posts get copied and pasted into propaganda type flyers, and then petitions get made up to support their view, using sometimes quite innoccent comments totally out of context.....


I (and everybody else on here) have nothing but the highest regard for the Mod squad on this forum, they do a great job of keeping things civil, and to openly attack them really shows you are intent on causing grief.
Andrew
User avatar
Lark2004
 
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:02 pm
Location: Lawnton, 25k north of Brisbane

Postby kwv » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:52 pm

Lark2004 wrote:I see no point in anyone participating in this thread anymore. Nothing is being reolved, and kwv seems intent on picking a fight, regardless of who it is with.

I also think they may have another agenda here, in which getting us to post attacks on them is in their favour, I have seen things like this done on other forums, and posts get copied and pasted into propaganda type flyers, and then petitions get made up to support their view, using sometimes quite innoccent comments totally out of context.....


I (and everybody else on here) have nothing but the highest regard for the Mod squad on this forum, they do a great job of keeping things civil, and to openly attack them really shows you are intent on causing grief.


Yes there is no point in keeping this thread going especially as some don't make sense and can't accept the truth, in that expressing an opinion is not picking an fight especially in claiming with everyone and that is not right for a mod of all people to attack someone with a English and American question.
kwv
 

Postby Kalgrm » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:57 pm

kwv wrote:Can someone explain how can allowing cyclists to ride a legal road vehicle on the footpath be a sane and safe idea?

Especially when it is not legal in all places of Australia and a USA Cycling group said it is a dangerous and stupid idea.

Anyone have an answer?
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------------------------
My web site: www.scenebyhird.com
---------------------------------------
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance
User avatar
Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 9236
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Spearwood, 9km SE of Fremantle, WA

Postby kwv » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:58 pm

Ok lets stop attacking each other (lack of Chocolate?), give everyone a big hug (like link below) and start fresh:

http://www.hellocrazy.com/reserved/card ... llahug.jpg


As I got a very poor, slow and no response from Brisbane Council especially The CEO and The Lord Mayor, but the cycling Unit of Queensland Transport and The Minister for Transport.

Because they don't really care if lives are at risk and many cyclists break the law?

Can someone explain how can allowing cyclists to ride a legal road vehicle on the footpath be a sane and safe idea?

Especially when not only just a few cyclists but many ride in a very dangerous manner.

Such as against the red and straight off the footpath onto a pedestrians crossing especially at The Intersection of Vulture and Biundary St West End and The crossing on North Quay end of Victoria Bridge?

But a USA based cyclists group said allowing cyclists to ride on the footpath is a stupid and dangerous idea.

PS Yes there are drivers who run the red, so why do some cyclists thinks this an excuse to do the same?

PPS If they don't change The Local Laws so cyclists are not allowed to ride an legal road vehicle on the footpath, maybe there should a new law allowing motorists to drive and park an legal road vehicle (The Car) on the footpath?
kwv
 

PreviousNext

Return to Queensland

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Support BNA
Click for online shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Cycling Express Cycling Express
Ebay Ebay AU
ProBikeKit ProBikeKit UK
Evans Cycles Evans Cycles UK
JensonUSA Jenson USA
JensonUSA Competitive Cyclist