Commute Gaythorne to Prince Charles Hospital

bjljones

Commute Gaythorne to Prince Charles Hospital

Postby bjljones » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:07 pm

Hello!

I am wanting to commute from Gaythorne near pickering street to Prince Charles Hospital. Finding a route is harder than I thought and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

Thanks.

ValleyForge

Re: Commute Gaythorne to Prince Charles Hospital

Postby ValleyForge » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:37 pm

Welcome.

Just off the top of my head, I'd be lazy & head along Kedron Brook, turn left at Hickey Park and go through that bit of Kedron between Gympie & Webster Rds. Just use the back streets. Else take a loooong flat way to Mercer Park and go north along the NBB, turning left into Rode Rd.

Have you seen any of the route-planning websites?
Ha ha ha! Cookies on dowels.

RobertL

Postby RobertL » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:40 pm

I'm not an expert on cycling in that part of Brisbane, but ValleyForge's plan seems reasonable. There are a squillion back streets between Gympie and Webster Roads. Use them to head north/south. Use pedestrian lights to cross Stafford Road, Kitchener Road etc if you need to.

My suggestions:
1. Try it on a weekend first. That way you have no time pressures.
2. If you do use those back streets, you will find yourself trying different ones and refining your route for a while. We all do that.

tabb

Postby tabb » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:31 am

Bit late to this sorry, but if you want to avoid most roads then:

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/-27. ... 3c!1m0!3e1

At Roma St cut across the forecourt between the court houses and down Tank St (footpath - is one way street) and on to the bikeway.

Used to live out that way and this was my standard route into the city. Or you can brave Kedron Brook Rd to shave some time off if you like living on the edge.