Caboolture To Wamuran Rail Trail

foo on patrol

Caboolture To Wamuran Rail Trail

Postby foo on patrol » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:29 pm

Rode from Cab to Wam this morning on the trail and parallel to it. The work that is being done from Caboolture out will be a fast section, as they are laying asphalt on it. 8) Seems like Wamuran - Woodford is closed off or I didn't get close enough to see a way around the fence at the produce joint. :wink:

The section from the overpass of the Dag Hiway is a pain as the old line is still there, so only a very narrow section to ride on. :shock:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

Lukeyboy

Re: Caboolture To Wamuran Rail Trail

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:11 pm

Rough?? Its smooth as.

It's still there too the north. Just gotta look for it :P

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:23 am

Do enlighten me? :P

I didn't say it was rough, I said it was narrow, so there! :mrgreen:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:02 pm

New section in Cabo is smooth as. It’s blood hotmix. Some certain people on the bvrt thread will love it.

From wam to Woodford you need to ride on Gamgee road. It runs next to the old train line. Just before bracalba you go up a dirt road called Mylett Rd and this comes to a forestry gate. Through the gate the rail trail goes up to Raeen Rd. From raeen Rd there’s a number of options to Woodford

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:57 pm

I'll check that out, SSS. :mrgreen:

Foo
Goal 6000km

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:08 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:New section in Cabo is smooth as. It’s blood hotmix. Some certain people on the bvrt thread will love it.

From wam to Woodford you need to ride on Gamgee road. It runs next to the old train line. Just before bracalba you go up a dirt road called Mylett Rd and this comes to a forestry gate. Through the gate the rail trail goes up to Raeen Rd. From raeen Rd there’s a number of options to Woodford

Haha. I was sitting on 40kph+ on some of that damn stuff. You can mistake it for an actual road its that wide and that good of quality. Although that road crossing next to the roundabout looks like it will be a real bitch of a crossing. I can;t remember if it will be a zebra crossing or not but I hope to god that it is. The traffic island in the middle isn't even wide enough for my mtb blocking traffic in some direction.

The section north of Wamuran is still there. You just have to look for it.

Somewhat good condition. Definitely mtb territory. You could do it on a cx but expect to have gearing problems.

Although in saying that its mostly like this.... doable on a cx which is great for crossing the dirt mound that used to be a road but expect some grass in your gears and rear mech as a downside :P

Once a railway line. Always a railway line.

Scintilla

Postby Scintilla » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:53 am

Lukeyboy wrote: doable on a cx which is great for crossing the dirt mound that used to be a road but expect some grass in your gears and rear mech as a downside

Not sure about the relevance of this comment. Unless you are running Rohloff with Gates belt drive, that is going to happen whether it is a MTB or cx. Even a belt may have problems.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:18 pm

Luke this is why I said to ride on Gamgee road. No traffic and runs parallel with the track to Bracalba.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:19 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:Luke this is why I said to ride on Gamgee road. No traffic and runs parallel with the track to Bracalba.

Where's the fun in that.... :P