LBS selling MTB pads

jibino

LBS selling MTB pads

Postby jibino » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:46 pm

Hi all,

I'm currently looking for some knee pads for MTBing and would rather buy them in-store for optimal fit.
I'm after a lightweight pad as I'm only new to MTB and preferably one that covers the shin but not neccasary.
Can anyone recommend any stores in Adelaide that have a good range of MTB pads? I've tried my local 99bikes but they were pretty limited compared to what's offered online.

Thanks in advance

MichaelB

Re: LBS selling MTB pads

Postby MichaelB » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:09 pm

It's nothing that I've ever looked for, but Bicycle Express has plenty of off road bikes & gear, so that'd be the only place that I know of

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:18 pm

What style of riding?

Flat pedals I assume? If so, I agree shinguards are a good idea to avoid the dreaded pedal bite.

You could look at these https://www.pushys.com.au/661-rage-knee ... black.html but I found that you do get very, very hot on XC courses.

I have knee only and if I need shin protection I pull out some old Puma soccer shin guards. They leave the calf exposed - better cooling.

If you're using clip-in peals I suggest leaving the shinguards off and maybe investing in elbow guards. After an off at thredbo earlier this year (last berm before exiting the Flow Trail :cry: ) the doctor stitching up my elbow was tutting at me for not wearing elbow guards. (She and the first aid ranger were also riders.)

jibino

Postby jibino » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:38 pm

MichaelB wrote:It's nothing that I've ever looked for, but Bicycle Express has plenty of off road bikes & gear, so that'd be the only place that I know of
Thanks for the reply, I had a look on their website but they seemed to only supply one brand of knee pads. Was hoping to try on a few to get an optimal fit. Ill give them a call anyways to see if they have other brands. Cheers
trailgumby wrote:What style of riding?

Flat pedals I assume? If so, I agree shinguards are a good idea to avoid the dreaded pedal bite.

You could look at these https://www.pushys.com.au/661-rage-knee ... black.html but I found that you do get very, very hot on XC courses.

I have knee only and if I need shin protection I pull out some old Puma soccer shin guards. They leave the calf exposed - better cooling.

If you're using clip-in peals I suggest leaving the shinguards off and maybe investing in elbow guards. After an off at thredbo earlier this year (last berm before exiting the Flow Trail :cry: ) the doctor stitching up my elbow was tutting at me for not wearing elbow guards. (She and the first aid ranger were also riders.)
Yeah flat pedal :) The knee/shin combo aren't that much expensive so i figured i might as well.

Yeah I've got a few different pads in mind but i really want to buy (or at least try them on in store) local.

I've thought about elbow pads but I'm always falling on my hands and knees and never on my elbows. Although having that extra protection is a good confidence booster. Thanks for the reply

Cheers