Research Project Survey on Cycling in Adelaide

Josh Noel

Research Project Survey on Cycling in Adelaide

Postby Josh Noel » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:59 pm

Hello,

I am a year 12 student from Glenunga International High School, and I am currently completing the SACE research project on cycling.
My research question is 'To what extent is cycling an effective method of transportation in Adelaide and what measures can be put in place to improve this?'

As a part of my research, I have created a survey which I plan to send to distribute to as many cyclists in Adelaide as possible.
If you are from Adelaide, or have cycled in Adelaide, please follow the link below to complete the survey, it will only take two minutes of your time and will greatly help in my research.

https://goo.gl/forms/vvc5sG9wm3uk8okJ3

Thankyou,
Josh.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Research Project Survey on Cycling in Adelaide

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:09 am

Happy to participate... whoops - only suited to Adelaide riders - would be good if you can share the results here when it concludes.
Cycling is in my BNA

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:42 am

Hi Josh,

Done. Good luck. The only comment I'd like to make is re the ratings re the 9 y.o. riding on the 4 different options - there is no ability to rate why the level of 'comfort' is selected.

Cheers

Josh Noel

Postby Josh Noel » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:07 am

Thank you to all who have responded so far!
AUbicycles wrote:Happy to participate... whoops - only suited to Adelaide riders - would be good if you can share the results here when it concludes.
I will definitely make sure to share some of my data here.
MichaelB wrote:Hi Josh,

Done. Good luck. The only comment I'd like to make is re the ratings re the 9 y.o. riding on the 4 different options - there is no ability to rate why the level of 'comfort' is selected.

Cheers
Thanks for the suggestion, I've added a text box beneath that question and a lot of the answers coming through have been very helpful.

Thoglette

Postby Thoglette » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:56 am

Josh Noel wrote: My research question is 'To what extent is cycling an effective method of transportation in Adelaide and what measures can be put in place to improve this?'
If you haven't already discovered the Dutch here's two articles which might help you in putting your report together.

How the Dutch do it
Dutch cycling embassy presentation to DoT WA
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

Josh Noel

Postby Josh Noel » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:16 pm

Thankyou to everyone who responded, the survey is now closed. In total, I received 329 responses, which will really help with my project.
For anyone interested in the results, I have collated the non-qualitative data here: https://imgur.com/gallery/dYseqRd.