Winter Night Rides

Winter Night Rides

Postby SevenSucker » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:44 pm

Hi, can anyone tell me if there are regular night ride bunches in Adelaide, duirng winter.

If not, is anyone interested? I figure safety in numbers, and may suit those of us who need to get kids to bed, work late, or early mornings dont work out for.

thanks
Steve
SevenSucker

by BNA » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:58 pm

BNA

Postby dr.gonzo » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:58 pm

i could be interested!

what area are you in Steve?
If only i could find a Miniature Mongolian Swamp Donkey!

09 Giant TCR Avanced
05 Giant CRX1 - With Carbon Goodies
oh & a sweet Dragster...
dr.gonzo

Postby DanielS » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:44 pm

There are a few around the place.

The Scuzzi ride is every Tuesday night year round, leaving Scuzzi cafe on O'Connell St at around 6:30pm. Out to Outer Harbour and back. Pretty huge bunch usually... there is a fast group and a slow group. It all comes together for one big crazy dangerous sprint down Port Rd at the end....

There are a few organised by Bike SA. The '30-30' ride starts at Henley Square at 6pm on Thursday nights.... 30kms up and down the coast. Small bunch usually.
DanielS

Postby brettjames » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:03 pm

scuzzi ride sound like fun. Is this even after daylight savings is over ?
brettjames

Postby DanielS » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:42 pm

brettjames wrote:scuzzi ride sound like fun. Is this even after daylight savings is over ?

Yeah I think its all year round (I did it in the dark).
DanielS

Postby astro » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:46 pm

DanielS wrote:There are a few organised by Bike SA. The '30-30' ride starts at Henley Square at 6pm on Thursday nights.... 30kms up and down the coast. Small bunch usually.

ooohhh, that one sounds fun. love coast riding :!:
Astro
'12 Avanti Inc 1
astro

Re: Winter Night Rides

Postby Fantapants » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:23 pm

Does anyone know if the ride will still be on this Tuesday night 7th April
Fantapants

Postby Walkinshaw » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:01 pm

Is there a requirement to become a member/etc etc with any of these night rides. The guys i rode over summer with have ventured back to the Pizza/football/TV when winter sets in, looking for a semi organised week day night ride
Walkinshaw

Postby DanielS » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:06 pm

Fantapants wrote:Does anyone know if the ride will still be on this Tuesday night 7th April

Hey I know you in real life! Yeah, I believe the Scuzzi ride is every Tuesday night without fail.

Walkinshaw wrote:Is there a requirement to become a member/etc etc with any of these night rides. The guys i rode over summer with have ventured back to the Pizza/football/TV when winter sets in, looking for a semi organised week day night ride

Not that I'm aware of. The Scuzzi ride has no organising body, and the Bike SA one is fine to do if you're not a member (although I think that Bike SA membership is meant to be encouraged).

I think there is also a Bike SA affiliated bunch ride that leaves Hurtle Square on Tuesday nights - best to check their website though for details, I've never done it.
DanielS

Postby steveoc » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:44 pm

Hey guys - I went along for this one tonight (april 7 2009) .. first time on this route with this group. First group ride at night.

Lot of riders, good tight group, and a crazy consistent pace ;) Maybe its just the riding in the dark, dodging buses and heavy traffic - but it felt very fast, good adrenalin buzz for sure.

I did announce myself as a new rider, and the other guys in the group were very accommodating - as far as pointing out any nasty sections on the road ahead in the darkness... and putting up with my relatively erratic lines. I managed to not take anyone out anyway, thank goodness.

Great ride - recommended.

I dropped myself out of this one just after semaphore, since I had to ride back down the coast anyway, and it was a relief to fall back off the pace. Im looking forward to putting this ride down as a regular event for me.

Ill have a look at Henley Square on thur night too.
2010 GT GTR Carbon Team
2008 Avanti Giro, Lime Green
"Middle Age" postponed for another year ...
steveoc

Postby jeromine » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:48 pm

Winter night rides they are really very nice to ride in that time,,,, i love to ride in that time....
jeromine

Return to South Australia