Weekend Group Rides in the City

Weekend Group Rides in the City

Postby Matty » Wed May 20, 2009 12:03 am

Hi,

I've recently moved from the hills to the city. I was going on the Megabike Blackwood ride previously, but it's a bit far to ride up to in the morning (it's a challenge for me to get up so early :)) and I think it's a bit silly to drive up there with the bike in the car.

Can anyone recommend a group ride leaving from the city? Preferably one that goes up into the hills and isn't super fast.

Cheers
Matty

by BNA » Thu May 21, 2009 7:29 pm

BNA

Re: Weekend Group Rides in the City

Postby DanielS » Thu May 21, 2009 7:29 pm

You could always do the Megabike city ride. It doesn't go into the hills though.

I believe Bike SA have an Adelaide - Lobethal ride that happens every Saturday. Not sure of the details but if you have a look around their website you should find it.
DanielS

Postby Clydesdale Scot » Sun May 24, 2009 10:39 am

I believe Bike SA have an Adelaide - Lobethal ride that happens every Sunday. (fixed)
It is the Heart of the Hills ride. Fast group leaves 7.45am Tower Hotel, slower group leaves Norton Summit Hotel at 8am. Coffee at the Heart of the Hills Market. You should contact the ride organisers beforehand. Details of Bike SA's rides are at http://www.bikesa.asn.au then choose Where to Ride then Free Rides Program. The Ride Coordinators are listed on page 2 of the PDF doc.
Philip
if you don't want me to see your posts, PM me and I will happily put you on my Foes list
Clydesdale Scot

Postby Matty » Thu May 28, 2009 4:02 pm

Cheers for the replies guys. I think I'll check out the Adelaide Lobethal ride.
Matty

Postby dirty_harry » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:16 pm

hate to tell you guys but rumour round lobbie is that the heart of the hills market is gonna close down soon. try the amberlight deli. I work there :lol: and i wanna see some flash push bikes that would be great :D :D :D :D :D
(i hope i dont get slaughtered for this plug haha)
White, Orbea Aspin, 2009
Red, Pinarello Sestriere, 2000
Trek 1500 ultegra gear, 2005
given the choice, would you rather share the roads with a woman texting in her four-wheel-drive, a manic truckie, a boy in a grey-import turbo, or a cyclist?
dirty_harry

Postby Richard.L » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:08 pm

What is the age group range for these sort of rides? im thinking of joining a club and group riding
Richard.L

Postby Clydesdale Scot » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:50 pm

Richard,
The Heart of the Hills generally has experienced riders, most who ride with the Cobwebs sat morning group.
Age is generally 40 years plus, and you need to be reasonably strong. The riders go hard and you bike skills need to be good.
Try the Cobwebs ride on Sat, be at the Buffalo at Glenelg by 7.50am and unless you can make out a serious case that you are a very experienced group rider, please try starting with the 28 speed group. New riders are welcome up until Nov when we may stop new riders until after late Jan due to the TDU ride.
Your fitness might be better than the 28 speed group, and after you pick up the group riding skills then you can progress through the groups. Details of Cobwebs group are here
We are very accommodating if you are prepared to learn. Mention that you are interested in the Heart of the Hills and you will be directed to those that do that ride, or contact the ride coordinators direct
Our Group Ride Guide is here and is to help new group riders understand what is going on
any more questions please ask.
Philip
if you don't want me to see your posts, PM me and I will happily put you on my Foes list
Clydesdale Scot

Return to South Australia