2010 TdU - LA is coming !!!!

Re: 2010 TdU - LA is coming !!!!

Postby Ben85 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:08 pm

Where did you come from? You gave me the biggest laugh, Yes there are 48hrs in a weekend :shock: .

With family,study,daylight,weather and social life its hard to fit in 8 hrs on a bike every weekend.

Enjoy your cycling, might see you on the road one day :)
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades
Ben85

by BNA » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:13 pm

BNA

Postby RICHARDH » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:13 pm

While your hearts in the right place mate you are coming accross extremely up yourself, why dont you get to know some of the posters on here before make snap judgements on them.
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)
RICHARDH

Postby Ben85 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:19 pm

Thank u Richard, yes I'm not a big forum person, just filling in time while i'm injured. Yes my wording is a bit full on, but i'm young and passionate about cycling in Australia and just want to see it become massive like Europe. If you all came and raced we would get to know each other. lol :lol:

We all have the same passion, its just we also going to have different opinions an cycling related issues.

lets jusy hope Lance gives some young Aussies a go in his new team, like it was mentioned with Bobby etc.
Last edited by Ben85 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben85

Postby alex » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:23 pm

i couldnt think of anything worse for a young cyclist than to be on lance armstrongs team to be honest

i guess if they aspire to learn how to collect bottles for someone it would be good
if i get killed while out on my bike i dont want a 'memorial ride' by random punters i have never met.
alex

Postby RICHARDH » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:31 pm

Fair enough mate, good to see your passionate. Lots of good info on this site so i would stick around, try droping in the Road Biking and Training sections lots of Racing Diaries and stuff in there which by the sounds of it would be right up your alley.
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)
RICHARDH

Postby 1st XV » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:44 pm

Ben85 wrote:Where did you come from? You gave me the biggest laugh, Yes there are 48hrs in a weekend :shock: .

With family,study,daylight,weather and social life its hard to fit in 8 hrs on a bike every weekend.

Enjoy your cycling, might see you on the road one day :)

Hahahaha, yeah i had to get the calculator out for that one! :D
At the end of the day, we all love cycling, yeah? Peace.
1st XV

Postby Richard.L » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:48 pm

The way i see it in teens (I am myself) is that teens are more interested in serious stuff like DH,ing and jumping instead of doing pussy stuff such as road cycling. the other half just stay away from bikes because they would rather be driving or be out drinking/smoking and socializing

Don't take offence to the Pussy road cycling (thats what my friends think of road cyclists and think its a waste of time)
I/Myself am a roadie and thats the stuff i cop from my mates as they are all into BMXing, DH,ing and jumping so it is promoted within the school so more yonger riders are turning to MTBing
So that could be a reason for the low racing numbers

Richard
Richard.L

Postby Ben85 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:44 am

You have it all mixed up mate, I came from bmx and mtb. I choose Road and track as I love the feel of pushing myself and the lactic burn you get wen pushing yourself.

Bmx and mtb riders are very lazy, never go through the pain barrier if which a serious roadie does. Then again, most of the serious Bmx/mtb riders have roadies to train on. Like 2 time world champ Sam willoughby rode in our state track team in feb and is very fit. Same as Jongewaard,he is Aussie champ on mtb and does very well on the road.

Coming down doing 60kph on the road is alot tougher than crashing on a mtb with all the protection they wear.

Tell your mates they dreaming.
Ben85

Postby mongo » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:57 pm

Ben85 wrote:You have it all mixed up mate, I came from bmx and mtb. I choose Road and track as I love the feel of pushing myself and the lactic burn you get wen pushing yourself.

Bmx and mtb riders are very lazy, never go through the pain barrier if which a serious roadie does. Then again, most of the serious Bmx/mtb riders have roadies to train on. Like 2 time world champ Sam willoughby rode in our state track team in feb and is very fit. Same as Jongewaard,he is Aussie champ on mtb and does very well on the road.

Coming down doing 60kph on the road is alot tougher than crashing on a mtb with all the protection they wear.

Tell your mates they dreaming.

Ben it seams to me that you are the one that has it all mixed up....to say that crashing on a road bike is alot tougher than crashing on a mtb....WT?...cross country mtb racers wear no more protection than that of road cyclists...it hurts no matter what bike you come off...road or mountain.even downhillers i know mate that have broken their neck and ruptured spleens even if they are wearing all that protection.."mountain bikers are lazy".....where did cadel evans start out mate?????pretty sure he isnt lazy...
The point im trying to make is that it is very unfair to judge another disclpine of cycling...each has its own charm that makes it enjoyable to ride to say that one is tougher and experiences more pain is quite simply unfair and not true
i look forward to seeing lance on our roads in january an the publicity he brings to cycling and to this state..
mongo

Postby brauluver » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:44 pm

mongo wrote:i look forward to seeing lance on our roads in january an the publicity he brings to cycling and to this state..

A big +1 to that.It's all positive publicity for cycling and cyclists.
brauluver

Postby Ben85 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:19 pm

Mongo, i'm not judging, I'm telling from previous experience, I guess you have raced in all disaplines and know the different demands they have on the body. Wasn't thinking of x country when was replying to young Richards post.
He mentioned bmx and dh and roadie are pussys. I replied to these.
I have much respect for x country riders, as they spend most there time on the road keeping fit.

I raced both BMX as a junior and a bit of DH and know how lazy myself and mates were and this was at state level. I cant believe what you have to go through to compete in road or track at a state level, no pussys in these disaplines.

Sorry for your mate breaking his neck, its a gutsy sport but any sport that gets driven to the top of the hill to ride back down is lazy to me.

Crashing on the road and crashing in x country, only racing on road, i'm pretty sure speeds are different, ground covering is softer and allows you to slide, bitumens hard and grabs.

Do you race x country? Be interested in how many crashes as it is not as quick but technical and not many people to ride over u once on the deck.

To young Richard, we not having problems with juniors in road & track, there is alot of talent and alot have come from mtb and bmx as want to push themselves. Keep riding mate and u will look back at your mates and laugh in years to come.
Ben85

Postby Richard.L » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:19 pm

Thanks mate i will take your word now back on topic XD :lol:
Richard.L

Postby SLH » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:55 pm

Looks like Ben85 got his wish. Cadel has freed up time in his busy calendar to visit Adelaide and race in the TDU. Good to see.
BMC SLC01.

SLH

Previous

Return to South Australia