Who went for a ride today Sunday 13 Sept?

amt

Who went for a ride today Sunday 13 Sept?

Postby amt » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:56 pm

I went for a ride to Lobethal then back around via Cudley Creek. The wind wouldn't let up, it was seriously a huge effort to stay on the bike. Almost got knocked off 3 or 4 times it was that strong.

apv

Re: Who went for a ride today Sunday 13 Sept?

Postby apv » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:09 pm

Yeah I did, went up to Gumeracha then across to lobethal and down through Cudley Creek. There was no wind when I left around 10 o'clock but it picked up when I was exiting Lobethal. Then when I was coming down lower north east road I almost got blown off my bike!

brauluver

Postby brauluver » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:21 pm

Yeah, Gully to city to bay and then along coast to henley beach road into city and home via Nth east rd.Push down anzac hiway was reasonable, but the side winds going home along nth east road tunneling out of the side streets were brutal.

SLH

Postby SLH » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:42 pm

Rode up to Lofty and wind wasn't too bad...then hit the top and it started to blow. Some of the strongest gusts of wind on the way down that I've ever hit. Amazing.
Look695 & BMC SLC01.

damhooligan

Postby damhooligan » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:17 pm

i did a 200km ride called fruitloop.

(and discovered that missy24 likes to wear pj's after a bike ride....)

EDIT; just noticed the thread was in the south australia section.
the ride was in victoria...sorry...
The dutch have one word to describe the aussie MHL, this word is ;
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:02 am

Down to McLaren Vale via veloway, and a small extra loop around Gleneg.

Relatively strong winds coming back along the veloway made the return trip slow, but not too bad. Bloody magpie by Majors Rd got me both directions (tried to improvise with a decent size twig in the helmet for the return trip - not 100% convoinced of their effectiveness.

Then, another magpie actually clobbered me on Brighton road between Jetty Rd and Anzac Hwy - savage bugger clocked me twice and swooped about 4 times - pretty worrying whilst you are next to two lanes of traffic with no bike lane.

So, the $64 question, is why do they swoop, and (some) other birds don't ?

Richard.L

Postby Richard.L » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:36 pm

MichaelB wrote:Then, another magpie actually clobbered me on Brighton road between Jetty Rd and Anzac Hwy.
LoL i just put that magpie up on the swoop map like on Saturday (I can't find the post that was up during last week, must of been deleted by the mods as advertising Under info and announcements??)
I got 2 taps on the back from that mapie on the anzac highway side of the tram tracks while i was heading to cobwebs at around 7:30 2 weeks ago :) and also the veloway one too but only two nicks on the helm with no marks as i didn't know it was a magpie
Last edited by Richard.L on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shiv

Postby shiv » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:46 pm

MichaelB wrote:Down to McLaren Vale via veloway, and a small extra loop around Gleneg.

Relatively strong winds coming back along the veloway made the return trip slow, but not too bad. Bloody magpie by Majors Rd got me both directions (tried to improvise with a decent size twig in the helmet for the return trip - not 100% convoinced of their effectiveness.

Then, another magpie actually clobbered me on Brighton road between Jetty Rd and Anzac Hwy - savage bugger clocked me twice and swooped about 4 times - pretty worrying whilst you are next to two lanes of traffic with no bike lane.

I got the veloway maggie to leave me alone by swinging a stick madly above my head, he kept well clear and didnt add to the scratches he left on my helmet on the way down the hill.

brauluver

Postby brauluver » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:47 pm

damhooligan wrote: EDIT; just noticed the thread was in the south australia section.
the ride was in victoria...sorry...
Bloody dicktorians :lol:

brauluver

Postby brauluver » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:49 pm

MichaelB wrote:
Same reason dog lick their dingers....cos they can :lol:

rustychisel

Postby rustychisel » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:59 am

Funny that! I rode around Avignon - and seriously heavy winds all the way, did 50km then a lap around the old town. Hi all, still in France :wink:

bongo

Postby bongo » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:29 am

rustychisel wrote:Funny that! I rode around Avignon - and seriously heavy winds all the way, did 50km then a lap around the old town. Hi all, still in France :wink:
fo'shizzle the chisel,that i believe is just flat out bragging,enjoy as you will be home before you know it.