South Australia: Routes into Adelaide from Hallett Cove

South Australia: Routes into Adelaide from Hallett Cove

Postby Amplifier » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:12 am

Does anyone know of a safe (majority sealed bike path or bike lane) route into the City from Hallett Cove? Im looking for the shortest distance so I can start riding my bike to work.
Amplifier

by BNA » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:24 am

BNA

Re: South Australia: Routes into Adelaide from Hallett Cove

Postby Amplifier » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:24 am

The route i was thinking of was up the coast until ANZAC Highway.

or

Down to Trott Park jump on the Veloway and go up to Sturt River Linear Park to ANZAC Highway. This option seems easier as the sealed bike paths are easy to follow (I get lost easy).
Amplifier

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:00 am

Trott Park to the Veloway once you hit Anzac Highway jump over and ride the bike path that joins Morphett Road all the way to the city then follow the same path by turning right at the new train over pass onto Glover Ave which will land you at West Terrace. Or take the path as far as it will take you from Hallet Cove then weave down a few side streets getting on the path on the Esplanade leading you to Glenelg then turn onto Anzac Highway for a short trip down the road jumping on the path at Morphett Road as above.
}SkOrPn--7

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:03 am

Or jump on the train at Hallet Cove and bail out at Oaklands station ride 1k until Sturt Creek bike path then ride the same route as above is another option..............
}SkOrPn--7

Postby Amplifier » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:48 am

I was thinking of taking the train but i dont want to piss anyone off with my bike. The trains are always packed. At least they always are when ever i go into the city.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Amplifier

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:13 am

Amplifier the last carriage most times is made up of a carriage that is able to carry cargo by that I mean on one side the seats are removed from the train doors to the driver on his side that is if the driver wasn't at the other end so you might want to check it out. As far as I'm aware if travelling before 9AM and after 3PM you must have a ticket for yourself and bike so that can be costly just to travel that short distance from Hallet to Oaklands.
}SkOrPn--7

Postby Verbs & Nouns » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:30 am

You have to have a ticket between 6am and 9am and 3pm and 6pm for your bike (weekdays). It’s a $2.20 concession ticket on top of your regular fare.

You’d be better off figuring out a how to ride there instead of trying to deal with the train, as it’d get way to expensive… unless you just do it without paying… :twisted:
Ten Grand wrote:Goddamnit baby, this is soul... What's wrong with you?
Verbs & Nouns

Postby Amplifier » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:54 am

Based on how long it takes for me to go 1/4 the way to work i wont be able to do it in a reasonable enough time so im gonna skip it for 6 or so months and try build but some fitness for the trek.
Amplifier

Postby Biffidus » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:01 pm

I'd just follow the train line so I can jump on a train if I run into problems and don't have to risk being late into work.

It's around 22km according to Google Maps and mostly downhill so you should be able to do it in 60-90 minutes - and catch the train home in the evening if you don't want to ride both ways.
Biffidus

Postby Wild Turkey » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:23 pm

Put an engine on it!!! You will get there as fast as a car at 8 am.
Wild Turkey

Return to South Australia