TwinSpinner Tandem

SportinNortin

TwinSpinner Tandem

Postby SportinNortin » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:03 am

I have a Custom Built (Ricardo?) TwinSpinner Tandem bike, built in South Australia by Leisure Cycles. Does anyone have any history on these bikes?. I have restored the bike and also recreated all the decals. If anyone in interested in the decals just contact me.

hartleymartin

Re: TwinSpinner Tandem

Postby hartleymartin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:22 pm

If you can post up pictures in the Retro section, then you might get some more interested parties involved.
Martin Christopher Hartley

http://raleightwenty.webs.com - the top web resource for the Raleigh Twenty

markoandshell

Postby markoandshell » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:27 am

We have a Twinspinner tandem which we bought on ebay recently. We enjoy riding the tandem far more than riding two solo bikes. Steel frame, HEAVY AS! Suntour 3 speed internal hub gears with a Sturmey Archer stick shift. on the top bar. Gearing isn't low enough or high enough. Have tried to get it upgraded with modern gears and local shops start out all enthusiastic then gradually it becomes all to difficult to not economically viable to "it's a classic! leave it as it is." Has 26 x 1 1/2inch tyres. Front tyre is cracked and bubbling but unable to obtain new tyre in South East Queensland. At this stage it looks like we might have to import them from the US. www.sheldonbrown.com sells them. I think we will be getting a nice shiny alloy framed modern tandem for Christmas!

SportinNortin

Postby SportinNortin » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:26 pm

My Twin Spinner also had Sturmy Archer gears, but fortunately I managed to convert it to a 5 speed external cassette. It rides really well except it is quite whippy if the riders aren't in harmony.