Ride with Lance

Re: Ride with Lance

Postby AndyZ » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:52 am

Like shiv - at the back for the ride but radioshack and Big George Hincapie were right next to us when they first turned up. Radioshack kit and Trek colours look excellent in the flesh - US kit and US decked out BMC look fantastic for George Hincapie. Excellent occassion to be part of :)
Current ride: 2010 Specialized Tarmac Elite - upgrade to Ultegra and Shimano Dura-Ace WH-7850 50mm Carbon Clinchers
AndyZ

by BNA » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:07 am

BNA

Postby hybridbellbasket » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:07 am

The guy in the suit (wouldn'nt have said it was flashy) was a reporter from Channel 9- we saw him doing a piece to camera at the Grange Road/ Military Road roundabout while we were changing a flat, and thought we might be on TV. We were'nt on- so we must have been left on the digital cutting room floor, so to speak.

The ride was certainly good fun though!
hybridbellbasket

Postby Aushiker » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi

Nice photos. Do others have more to share?

Thanks
Andrew
Aushiker

Postby SeanB » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:29 pm

Hi all,

I had to express how much I enjoyed yesterday. I'm not a racer - just bought a flat-bar roadie a couple of weeks ago for some general fitness. This was the best cycling experience of my life.

I parked my car at West Beach because it was nearly 9am and I thought I would just catch up with the ride easier from there. Got my bike out and the ride hadn't come past so I started slowly back towards Glenelg. Started to see the road closures so I knew it was close to starting and turned around. Soon, the TDU car came past and the guy in front was hanging out the window. shouting to me "He's coming, he's coming". I look behind and the biggest group of riders I have ever seen comes around the bend. He came and then he went but I was riding at the front for a short while.

Glad to read that they turned around at Bower st because I got to there and wasn't sure if it was the end because it seemed to go so quick. That breeze on the way out was nice.
SeanB

Postby gdt » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:54 pm

A nice event with a nice atmosphere (more like Amys Ride than the MCCT). Wonderful to kick off the TDU with a mass community event (which was lacking from the programme this year, the MCCT being beyond most bike riders). Perhaps something the organisers could consider a repeat for next year, as a lot of people were put off thinking it was only a lycra-wearer event.
gdt

Postby Baldy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:38 pm

You lucky buggers!! I wouldnt even care if I saw Lance or Robbie[allthough I'd like to say gday if I had a chance] I'd be in it just to see that many bikes at once 8) One of the things I really like about cycling is it attracts all sorts.

I hope to come over for the worlds later in the year, so I hope something like this happens then :D

Cheers
Baldy
Baldy

Postby Allkai » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:58 pm

Aushiker wrote:Hi

Nice photos. Do others have more to share?

Thanks
Andrew

Didnt get any worth putting up of the ride itself, but got a few of Robbie and his Ridley rig before leaving Mile End.

Leaning over my bike in the last one... Cheeky bugger :mrgreen:
Allkai

Postby shiv » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:48 pm

Damn I love those Ridleys! If Robbie wasnt a midget I'd be tempted to push him off and nick his bike. Loving the Katusha kit as well
shiv

Previous

Return to South Australia