New to it all

New to it all

Postby liamb » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:19 pm

Hi All

I am new to road Cycling. I am getting into it to get fit again so my little son will have a playmate in the next few years. I am also looking at getting into Triathlons (very slowly mind).
I am just posting to see when people get out and ride. I live in Modbury (not by choice :)) Just off the O-barn track at North East road. I am looking to ride ith some people to get the technique right and enjoy the sport with other people who do. At first I am sure I will be slow and need a few tips but hope to be up to averge sppeed soon. I am dropping out of some summer sports this year so I will be tied up at times but want to try to get out a few times a week.

Cheers

Bill
TdF 2011: as Cadel Evans crosses the finish at Alpe-d’Huez: "I reckon tonight in hindsight he may have won the Tour de France tomorrow." The man Phil Ligget !!!
liamb

by BNA » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:41 pm

BNA

Re: New to it all

Postby brauluver » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:41 pm

Ride the linear track to the coast as a beginner, i used it all the time when starting.
I still use it to ride home from Nth Adelaide on weekday commutes.
Most of my weekend riding occurs on Sunday late morning early arvo(50/75 k's) if and when a window opens.Work and kids sport means it's a little sporadic though.
I personally prefer to ride solo,as I tend to ride at my own pace and find that most the casual friendly groups rides I've tried are a little on the slow side.My average is not high, but 30 k's average seems to put me in a no mans land, where I'm faster than casual and lower than serious riders.
Plenty of friendly people here http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/ too, including some from out our way.
Are you on a drop bar roadie, flat bar/hybrid or something else?
brauluver

Re: New to it all

Postby you cannot be sirrus » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:40 pm

I was going to suggest Adelaide Cyclists too but Brauluver has beaten me to it. Plenty of casual rides to suit a newbie, also check out your LBS, most have group rides on the weekend.
Scott CR1
you cannot be sirrus

Return to South Australia