Anyone in Adelaide handy with a roller brush...

The Womble

Re: Anyone in Adelaide handy with a roller brush...

Postby The Womble » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:59 pm

DrunkMonkey, what the heck made you think I keep getting the two confused? I have to re-read the posts? :shock:
Where on any single stage of the TOC is the hill I referred to?
So again, still confused :|

The Womble

Postby The Womble » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:04 pm

Drunkmonkey wrote:
The Womble wrote:The difference betweeen the TDU and the TOC is that our event is fun. Its the event more and more pro's love to ride, and the fans and organisors embrace and encourage everyone to go nuts.
Have you ever lived in Adelaide? I have and not everyone loves or embraces the TDU.
Why does the fact that not everyone in Adelaide enjoy the race make any difference to those who do? Ummm :?

Drunkmonkey

Postby Drunkmonkey » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:53 pm

The Womble wrote:DrunkMonkey, what the heck made you think I keep getting the two confused? I have to re-read the posts? :shock:
Are you not getting the point that local Adelaide residents may get annoyed at you painting on their roads? :roll:

i am sure you are still confused.

Drunkmonkey

Postby Drunkmonkey » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:58 pm

The Womble wrote:
Drunkmonkey wrote:
The Womble wrote:The difference betweeen the TDU and the TOC is that our event is fun. Its the event more and more pro's love to ride, and the fans and organisors embrace and encourage everyone to go nuts.
Have you ever lived in Adelaide? I have and not everyone loves or embraces the TDU.
Why does the fact that not everyone in Adelaide enjoy the race make any difference to those who do? Ummm :?
Because not everyone in Adelaide will appreciate the cycling artwork that will be on the road for the TdU, even less so if its in paint.

I think you need to have a nap Womble - it might start making sense then.

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:01 pm

They let their kids draw all over the roads while they want for the Christmas parade to roll past every November....

I used to drive up and down the old Willunga Hill and the paint on the road post TDU helped to seal up the terrible surface!
Lisa

Drunkmonkey

Postby Drunkmonkey » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:03 pm

marinmomma wrote:They let their kids draw all over the roads while they want for the Christmas parade to roll past every November....

I used to drive up and down the old Willunga Hill and the paint on the road post TDU helped to seal up the terrible surface!
There is a big difference between kids drawing on the road and commercial advertising.

Apple

Postby Apple » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:08 pm

Drunkmonkey wrote:
The Womble wrote:DrunkMonkey, what the heck made you think I keep getting the two confused? I have to re-read the posts? :shock:
Are you not getting the point that local Adelaide residents may get annoyed at you painting on their roads? :roll:

i am sure you are still confused.
Drunkmonkey is right , painting the road is not a good look, I mean with the Vineyards and all. we are going to get French riders, and Italians riding in the TDU, now they are not going to appreciate a yobo painting a road are they. It’s not like what they are used to.

What I am confused about, womble, is the TOC, what is that, Please explain,
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

The Womble

Postby The Womble » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:20 pm

Youre right Apple. The French and Italians find road painting utterly foreign and obscene :mrgreen:
Besides:
A) im not debating whether or not it should be done on any PC moral grounds. I remember Allez Vichot across the road and stretching 10m+ and aside from a few locals (by the sound of it) everyone loved it. Different message but same method. And
B) im simplynasking who will, and I have 2 offers so woohoo!

And the TOC is the Tour of California

SeanB

Postby SeanB » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:06 pm

Willunga Hill has been covered in paint in previous tdu's. In fact, the King of the Mountain crown is still there from last year and so is a large "willunga.com" and i think an "onkaparinga" (local council) or two.

I say paint on!

mtb159

Postby mtb159 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:40 pm

I agree with SeanB :D In the Amy Gillet Ride nearing the end of the climb there was still paint on the roads. Also some of the slimbs along Gorge Road have paint on them still so go for it! :D :D

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:37 pm

Apple wrote: Drunkmonkey is right , painting the road is not a good look, I mean with the Vineyards and all. we are going to get French riders, and Italians riding in the TDU, now they are not going to appreciate a yobo painting a road are they. It’s not like what they are used to.
I think you give the Latins too much credit

Tour de France (Mont Ventoux):

Giro D'Italia

Lack of road graffiti might give the impression us Aussie don't have a sense of humour. I'm sure they'd appreciate our efforts. Pompeii had graffiti :-)
Amateur oenologist and green-friendly commuter.