TDU BNA Ride

Re: TDU BNA Ride

Postby davidk » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:45 pm

RobRollin wrote:Do we have a list of starters for Sunday?

Rob Rollin
Marc

Tentative starter
davidk

by BNA » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:39 pm

BNA

Postby MichaelB » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:39 pm

davidk wrote:
RobRollin wrote:Do we have a list of starters for Sunday?

Rob Rollin
Marc

Tentative starter

Put me down as tentative as well, not sure pending family duties.

Not keen on this route suggested by JKohn though - seems more like a dodgem route

An alternative to the beach is going down Main North Rd, Pt Wakefield Rd past Mawson Lakes, Salisbury Hwy, Kings Rd to Golden Gve, back down McIntyre, North East Rd and back to the City.
MichaelB

Postby elantra » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:01 pm

Will try to be there depending if my legs work after Fridays stage 4 ride and then ride to Willunga today via some windy mountain roads through Belair and Clarendon.
"Technology gives us much more information but Education is never be able to give us the skill to evaluate it"
elantra

Postby liamb » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:26 am

Cheers to the guys and girl who went on the ride on Sunday. It was a nice fast flat (for me anyway) ride. Had a great morning weather was great and the scenery was great people were great!. Fastest group ride in my short 4-1/2 months of riding, nice to not climb a hill for a change.

Bill
TdF 2011: as Cadel Evans crosses the finish at Alpe-d’Huez: "I reckon tonight in hindsight he may have won the Tour de France tomorrow." The man Phil Ligget !!!
liamb

Postby JKohn » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:36 am

I thought it was a great ride too - although I did go up Cement Hill and my legs were still rubbery from the MCCT!!

I was sorry I had to peel off early to take the kids to Little Ath's and missed out on the coffee, but a great ride nonetheless.

Bill - let us know if you're keen to go on another ride together sometime.
JKohn

Postby davidk » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:52 am

Unfortunately I couldn't make it on Sunday - I broke a chain pin and link on a ride Saturday - maybe next year.
Sounds like a great ride.
davidk

Postby liamb » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:22 am

anytime kjohn, if you are keen on a sunday. As I said I am close to the NE hills so if your keen to meet at the bottom of Norton or Eagle on the Hill. DavidK and I are thinking of doing a modified Ride Like Crazy Route one day, plenty of hills and flats as well. If you have other friends or Fiona has some mates of varying speeds they are more than welcome as I am still getting fit and you may want to blast ahead up the hills.

Cheers

Bill
TdF 2011: as Cadel Evans crosses the finish at Alpe-d’Huez: "I reckon tonight in hindsight he may have won the Tour de France tomorrow." The man Phil Ligget !!!
liamb

Postby MichaelB » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:09 pm

Ended up missing the ride due to some planned gardening, but then got given the green light.

Ended up doing a Mt Lofty via Norton Summit ride and it was a stunning day with heaps of people going up Norton Summit. Nice 53km loop done in 2 hrs. :D

Then back home and drudgery again ....
MichaelB

Postby elantra » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:58 pm

Sorry people I was not a starter for your BNA ride.
First problem was generalized tiredness and second problem was my mobile phone alarm clock was still set on Queensland time :oops: (half hour behind SA).
But later in the morning I borrowed a Daihatsu Charade car and with a few other Queenslanders we drove it over Norton Summit, then to Lenswood, Lobethal and Hahndorf.
Did see quite a number of cyclists and I think it is very nice country for bike riding but some of the roads are narrow.
"Technology gives us much more information but Education is never be able to give us the skill to evaluate it"
elantra

Previous

Return to South Australia