Newbie from Aldinga Beach

iammap

Newbie from Aldinga Beach

Postby iammap » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:19 pm

Hi,

I am a 49 year old that has just got back in to riding. I currently have a Trek 3700 :) , but already thinking of upgrading if I keep the riding up. As stated in the subject I live in Aldinga Beach, in the Sunday estate. I have been doing a loop through Seaford, Mclaren Vale, Willunga and home (36km) at about 20kph, and some shorter rides along the esplanade at a slightly quicker pace.

It would be great to have someone ride with me on some of my rides and even someone that would be happy to help educate me in maintain and technique.

Ultimately I would like to get to the stage where I could ride to and from work in the city once or twice a week.

Cheers
Michael

U2adam!!!

Re: Newbie from Aldinga Beach

Postby U2adam!!! » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:50 pm

Howdy Michael,

I'm down Morphett Vale way but you seem to travel round my neck of the country woods. I'd be happy to catch up sometime and go on a ride or two.

I've got school holidays coming up (teacher not student) and will have more spare time than normal.

Let me know,

Tim

bionic wombat

Re: Newbie from Aldinga Beach

Postby bionic wombat » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:52 pm

Fancy that Michael, I live at Sunday estate as well, there are few places where you can go for group rides - Oxygen Cycles Maclarenvale does Saturday morning rides 8am, Tailwind Cycles Reynella does Saturday morning rides 7:30am and Nino's Victor Harbor does Sunday morning rides 8am Fast group and 8:20am Slow group and there is a new group starting up at Hallet Cove Shopping centre Saturday morning ride 7:30am for 7:45am start

Hope this helps

I know of few blokes that live in Sunday estate that are cyclists like us