Adelaide Track Racing

OrangeJuiceMan

Adelaide Track Racing

Postby OrangeJuiceMan » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:02 pm

Hey guys

I've been thinking of maybe getting into track racing this summer. I've gone to a couple of the Friday night sessions about a year back and loved it, i was just unsure where to take it from there. I've raced road the past few years and I was just wanting to know how it all works at the track. Do we have to supply a bike or can we use the hire bikes? Training nights? Level of track experience needed to start racing?

Cheers, OJ

Richard.L

Re: Adelaide Track Racing

Postby Richard.L » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:51 am

To be able to race you need to either get a half or full year race license from Cycling Australia/South Australia (~~$300) or a temporary 3 day one. I believe you are able to hire a bike to race on, but u will need to check
There is also racing starting at Edwardstown (outdoor track) on Fridays if u want to get a license.

As long as you have ridden on the track you should be allowed to race.

OrangeJuiceMan

Postby OrangeJuiceMan » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:11 am

Cheers for the help Richard, I've got a race license at the moment, so i'll just have to have a look into bikes.

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:17 pm

i think theres a thurs night session as well at the superdrome isnt there?

alex

Postby alex » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:26 am

at the superdrome :
wed night is enduro training or racing (intermediate/advanced)
thurs night is sprint training (intermediate/advanced)
fri night is novice night (beginner)

before you try wed or thurs night you need to have done a few of the friday night sessions - for your own safety and for the safety of those around you

if you plan on rocking up to any of these sessions you should phone CSA first to make sure they are on, sometimes there are other events on there.
if i get killed while out on my bike i dont want a 'memorial ride' by random punters i have never met.

OrangeJuiceMan

Postby OrangeJuiceMan » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:28 pm

Ok thanks guys, I might go to a couple more Friday night sessions before I have a look further into the other nights.