Saddle Sore

rustychisel

Re: Saddle Sore

Postby rustychisel » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:14 pm

Nobody wrote:I've got a Pro now. Still breaking in after about 200Km. Although it may turn out to be the correct width, the rails are too short for my frame. Should be fixable with an expensive seatpost though. One of these times when it doesn't pay to be short. Even if I have to sell it again, at least it is another learning experience. :)

hmmm, yeah, good point. Back in the day when everybody rode a 72º square frame it was probably back in around the right place. With your STA at 74º you could easily be 15mm + further forward.

Bepboy, still have an Arione and some other saddles available to try. BRLVR2 (Dave) loaned it for a week and is now the proud owner of his own.

Also have a Selle Italia Gel Flow Ass Hatchet
Selle Italia SLK
FiZik Pave x 2

and I think the FiZik Antares is going back on my road bike

bepboy

Postby bepboy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:11 pm

Thanks Rusty,
Im the proud owner of a Selle Italia Gel Flow too.
It seems to have done the trick.

Now I just have to work out how to stop my work from interferring with my riding time :D
-------------------------------
ego veho ergo exsisto

Cycotic

Postby Cycotic » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:30 pm

I use a Tioga saddle on my road bikes and mtb. It's the most comfortable saddle I've found and at $39 it's worth trying. At about 350g (if my memory serves me correctly) it's not the lightest of saddles, but I'd gladly trade weight for comfort anyday. I once did a 205km ride with one and had no pain in the backside. Make sure you get the one with the cutout.