Lazy Sunday McLaren Vale jaunt

khendar

Lazy Sunday McLaren Vale jaunt

Postby khendar » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:19 pm

If you're in the vicinity of McLaren Vale on the weekend, keep an eye out for a group of half a dozen newbs on the Coast to Vines trail. I'll be the fat guy on the blue and white Merida :P

One of the group suggested that we do the whole Coast to vines, including up Old Willunga Hill Road...I laughed in his face. :roll:

rpmspinman

Re: Lazy Sunday McLaren Vale jaunt

Postby rpmspinman » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:25 pm

I'll keep an eye out. Not sure if I will be down the Vale way. Could be out Moana for the morning. Are you on Adelaide Cyclists forum?
Cheers
Shav

My Bikes:
2011 Kona Dew Plus (commuter)
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 (road)
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD

khendar

Postby khendar » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:13 pm

rpmspinman wrote:I'll keep an eye out. Not sure if I will be down the Vale way. Could be out Moana for the morning. Are you on Adelaide Cyclists forum?
I am now :)

rpmspinman

Postby rpmspinman » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:36 pm

khendar wrote:
rpmspinman wrote:I'll keep an eye out. Not sure if I will be down the Vale way. Could be out Moana for the morning. Are you on Adelaide Cyclists forum?
I am now :)
I saw your post. Welcome.

Keep an eye out in the group rides section. You'll find a lot of riders ride the same route you do.
Cheers
Shav

My Bikes:
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD

simonr23

Postby simonr23 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:41 pm

There's a ride at 8am this sun. Starting at Brighton, heading to outer harbour and back. Around the 30km mark I think. It's designed as a newbie ride. Weather permitting I'll be going for the first time. I've only read good things about Adelaide cyclists rides.

khendar

Postby khendar » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:23 am

simonr23 wrote:There's a ride at 8am this sun. Starting at Brighton, heading to outer harbour and back. Around the 30km mark I think. It's designed as a newbie ride. Weather permitting I'll be going for the first time. I've only read good things about Adelaide cyclists rides.
Brighton to Outer Harbour return is about 60km. Nice easy ride though if you don't get a headwind. I'm afraid we've already made plans to head to Mclaren Vale this weekend, but I'll keep an eye on the Adelaide Cyclists forums on the future.

vnbozza

Postby vnbozza » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:27 am

Coast To Vines is a nicer ride than Outer Harbour - less issues with wind, more scenic - and no cars to deal with :-)

rpmspinman

Postby rpmspinman » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:48 pm

vnbozza wrote:Coast To Vines is a nicer ride than Outer Harbour - less issues with wind, more scenic - and no cars to deal with :-)
^^^ This.

If you stick to the bike trail, on C2V you'll love it. The ride isn't that hard either. Just be aware it does get busy on this trail.
Cheers
Shav

My Bikes:
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD

khendar

Postby khendar » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:19 am

Turned out to be a bit of a mixed bag day. Riding was relatively easy, up until the point that the wind picked up and we got soaked by the rain. Only ended up doing 10k from McLaren Vale to Seaford Meadows before the weather convinced us to pack it in. Of course once we got back then it cleared up and stayed clear for the rest of the day :roll: It was more for the fresh air and scenery rather than pushing ourselves.

rpmspinman

Postby rpmspinman » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:39 pm

Yeah I noticed that. I ended up heading down the veloway toward the Reynella expressway entry/exit and went back down the C2V trail through Old Reynella, Morphett Vale to Hackham. Got back before 11am and then it poured with rain.

Other than the bizarre weather what did u think of the McLaren Vale to Seaford run?
Cheers
Shav

My Bikes:
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD

khendar

Postby khendar » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:59 pm

rpmspinman wrote:Yeah I noticed that. I ended up heading down the veloway toward the Reynella expressway entry/exit and went back down the C2V trail through Old Reynella, Morphett Vale to Hackham. Got back before 11am and then it poured with rain.

Other than the bizarre weather what did u think of the McLaren Vale to Seaford run?
Very nice trail. A couple of challenging hills for unfit riders like us but overall not too tough. Definitely going to go back there and try and take it a bit further next time.

rpmspinman

Postby rpmspinman » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:27 pm

khendar wrote:
rpmspinman wrote:Yeah I noticed that. I ended up heading down the veloway toward the Reynella expressway entry/exit and went back down the C2V trail through Old Reynella, Morphett Vale to Hackham. Got back before 11am and then it poured with rain.

Very nice trail. A couple of challenging hills for unfit riders like us but overall not too tough. Definitely going to go back there and try and take it a bit further next time.
Do it. It's a rewarding place to ride. Glad u enjoyed.
Cheers
Shav

My Bikes:
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD

Fresh

Postby Fresh » Thu May 10, 2012 3:19 pm

Anyone going to be riding the C2V this Sat morn? I've never done it and wouldn't mind giving it a go.

rpmspinman

Postby rpmspinman » Fri May 11, 2012 11:14 am

There is a ride leaving from Becks Bakery in Port Noarlunga early Saturday Morning with the Adelaide Cyclists crew.
http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/events/ssrc-l-ride-3
Cheers
Shav

My Bikes:
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD