? No frame repairs in Adelaide

BoardRider

? No frame repairs in Adelaide

Postby BoardRider » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:09 pm

Recently chipped my bike ,through a stupid mistake . I phoned the bike store for some advice after spending $10,000 in the store .The reply I got was cant help you after each question. Where can I have my bike repaired ? Can you take a look ? What should I do ? I will pay for it ?
No more of my money will left in that store . Thanks JTs all I wanted was advice.
Anyhow I was helped out with some advice at no cost from another store.
But I was surprised to find out that quality frames repairers are non existent in Adelaide. Is this correct ?
I suspect it is only minor paint chip though but I am in love and would like it repaired.
Board Rider

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
Source Unknown

you cannot be sirrus

Re: ? No frame repairs in Adelaide

Postby you cannot be sirrus » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:12 pm

A mate of mine has a pending insurance claim and his bike has to be stripped down and sent to Melbourne to try an remove the seat post. The LBS can't remove it and the insurance company's only frame repairer is in melb.

BoardRider

Postby BoardRider » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:31 pm

you cannot be sirrus wrote:A mate of mine has a pending insurance claim and his bike has to be stripped down and sent to Melbourne to try an remove the seat post. The LBS can't remove it and the insurance company's only frame repairer is in melb.
Thanks would you know the name of the company ? I saw there was one in Alphington on the net.
Board Rider

Source Unknown

you cannot be sirrus

Postby you cannot be sirrus » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:16 pm

I'll find out and let you know.

you cannot be sirrus

Postby you cannot be sirrus » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:45 pm

BoardRider wrote:
you cannot be sirrus wrote:A mate of mine has a pending insurance claim and his bike has to be stripped down and sent to Melbourne to try an remove the seat post. The LBS can't remove it and the insurance company's only frame repairer is in melb.
Thanks would you know the name of the company ? I saw there was one in Alphington on the net.
http://carbonbikerepair.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BoardRider

Postby BoardRider » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:13 pm

you cannot be sirrus wrote:
BoardRider wrote:
Thanks for your help "you cannot be sirrus" much appreciated.
Board Rider

Source Unknown

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:49 pm

BoardRider wrote:
you cannot be sirrus wrote:
BoardRider wrote: Thanks would you know the name of the company ? I saw there was one in Alphington on the net.
Thanks for your help "you cannot be sirrus" much appreciated.
Just got my TTP bike back from them.

Exceptional workmanship
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

boyracer

Postby boyracer » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:44 pm

post a photo? straight colour?

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:10 am

My problem was less of a carbon repair but a non replaceable drop out. But I have also seen an an example of a carbon repair.

If the spot on the rear seatbstay had not been shown to me I would never of found it.

Perfect match to the paint work
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:12 pm

BoardRider wrote:Recently chipped my bike ,through a stupid mistake . I phoned the bike store for some advice after spending $10,000 in the store .The reply I got was cant help you after each question. Where can I have my bike repaired ? Can you take a look ? What should I do ? I will pay for it ?
No more of my money will left in that store . Thanks JTs all I wanted was advice.
Anyhow I was helped out with some advice at no cost from another store.
But I was surprised to find out that quality frames repairers are non existent in Adelaide. Is this correct ?
I suspect it is only minor paint chip though but I am in love and would like it repaired.

CL Composites in Adelaide do CF frame repairs, altho yours sound more like just a paint job?

https://plus.google.com/109961224647546 ... l=au&hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:13 pm

Has he tried all the usual means to remove a frozen seat post?

you cannot be sirrus

Postby you cannot be sirrus » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:39 am

Dr_Mutley wrote:
Has he tried all the usual means to remove a frozen seat post?
Apparently he and a mate couldn't move it, the LBS tried but couldn't budge it. I don't know what they tried but it was by all accounts immovable. The rider hit a pothole at 50kph+ went A over T and faceplanted , the bike looked OK apart from a few scuff marks on the hoods(the rider was a mess) until on closer examination the seat post was pushed down into the frame during the impact, we didn't realise this and the rider was somewhat groggy so he didn't notice until he was home a few days later. I'm not sure how a saddle would get pushed into the frame in an impact but I suspect it would take a fair bit of force.