veloway to willunga

veloway to willunga

Postby Dazzman » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:24 pm

Hi Everyone

I usually ride in the hills around Nortons/Mt Lofty but the other day I rode the veloway for the first time and really enjoyed it. However with all the construction work going on it got a bit confusing. We made it to Beach Rd at Noarlunga but couldn't really tell where we should go to pick up the track again. I would like to be able to ride all the way down to Willunga - does anyone have any advice about the track beyond Beach Rd? Also, what is the best route to get to Aldinga once we have made it to McLaren Vale or Willunga? Any advice would be appreciated
2011 S-Works Tarmac
2013 Specialized Carve Pro 29er
1996 Giant ATX 890 MTB
Dazzman

by BNA » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:50 pm

BNA

Re: veloway to willunga

Postby you cannot be sirrus » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:50 pm

The veloway is on my doorstep and I've given up on it tbh. I use the Coast to Vines all the way to Mc Vale or South Rd and VH Rd if I'm in a hurry.

Mc Vale to Aldinga via Tatachilla Rd or Malpas, Willunga to Aldinga via Colville and Hahn usually. Aldinga Rd has more traffic but isn't too bad apart from market day in Willunga which seems to attract idiots.
Scott CR1
you cannot be sirrus

Postby Dazzman » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:22 pm

Thanks for that. I take it that the Coast to Vines is paved all the way? I did enjoy riding the veloway as I don't get to ride south very often and I'm not keen on riding on any of the main roads down that way. However with all the detours etc it got a bit confusing towards the southern end
2011 S-Works Tarmac
2013 Specialized Carve Pro 29er
1996 Giant ATX 890 MTB
Dazzman

Postby you cannot be sirrus » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:42 pm

C2V is paved all the way. It can be accessed from the Veloway just after Panalatinga Rd, turn left under Main South Rd and follow it from there, it can be a bit tricky to follow through Old Reynella as you need to ride on the footpath (shared path) for a little while. It's not as free flowing at the VWay as there are more road crossings but it is OK.
Scott CR1
you cannot be sirrus

Return to South Australia