moving to Adelaide! :) bike buying advice please...

yugyug

moving to Adelaide! :) bike buying advice please...

Postby yugyug » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:36 pm

Hi everyone

My wife has taken a 1 year contract in Adelaide so were relocating from Sydney for that time. I'm quite excited! Because its only a year I'm not planning to transport any of my bikes from Sydney but will take the opportunity to buy my wife and I second-hand bikes and do them up if necessary. I'm ready to hit up ebay and gumtree, but I was just wondering if anyone had some tips as to second-bike shops, op shops or markets worth checking out?

(Or maybe someone on here from Adelaide has some a bike or two they want to sell? I think I'm looking for a 54cm 80s or 90s steelframe road bike and my wife is more like a 52 but likes traditional ladies step-through or mixte style.)

While I'm at it - anyone got any tips for buying cheap secondhand fridges, beds, washing machines etc etc? We just rented this great place, but its unfurnished....

thanks in advance

rustychisel

Re: moving to Adelaide! :) bike buying advice please...

Postby rustychisel » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:55 pm

hello and welcome.

buy my Repco Superlite (no other ba****rd will)...
http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... 25&t=68909" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yugyug

Postby yugyug » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:21 pm

hi rusty chisel

I think that repco's too big for me, but its pretty nice! I'd be happy to test ride it to make sure.. :) . send me a pm? I'm coming down on friday...

pacificboy

Postby pacificboy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:56 pm

Hey, welcome to Adelaide.

I guess I would recommend Gumtree for a secondhand bike but you kind of have to stumble upon it at the correct timing :)

Bout the second hand electronics, try gumtree or you can try places like radio rentals. Some of their show rooms try to get rid of some old electronics and you might get it for a bargain.

Best of luck and welcome again!
Power is Absolute

yugyug

Postby yugyug » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:19 am

thanks pacificboy :)