Victoria Park Crit Track

Victoria Park Crit Track

Postby Trev Campbell » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:13 pm

Hi Guys, I was running early this morning on my commute so with some time to kill I rode down the the Vic Park Crit Track to do some laps. I was riding in an anti clockwise direction, as that happened to be the way I'd entered the track. As I rode a rider coming the other way told me 'this is a one way track, your going the wrong way'. This is the first I've heard of that. I've ridden the track in both directions previously so i ignored him. Each time we passed each other he said the same thing to me.

Is that right the crit track is clockwise only ????
Great Jens Voigt Quotes:
"I get paid to hurt other people, how good is that?"
"Shut up legs"
Trev Campbell

by BNA » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:24 pm

BNA

Re: Victoria Park Crit Track

Postby rogergurr » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:24 pm

Whoever called out is correct;' it is laid out in the Adelaide City Council's design & maps for the area.
It is however open to the entire public i.e. walkers, runners, un-restrained dogs etc & the signage is poor + the track through the middle (making a figure-8 route possible) confuses the issue ~ so people go all over the place.
Crit racers and pedal-prix buggies all go the same direction - clockwise
rogergurr

Postby happysumo » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:41 pm

Ignore him. Clockwise when racing, but do whatever you please if you're not, really.

Just stick to the left of oncoming traffic and everything is gravy. Plenty wide track, no need for anyone to be a sour sob telling people off for going the wrong way :roll:
happysumo

Postby rustychisel » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:01 am

happysumo wrote:Ignore him. Clockwise when racing, but do whatever you please if you're not, really.

Just stick to the left of oncoming traffic and everything is gravy. Plenty wide track, no need for anyone to be a sour sob telling people off for going the wrong way :roll:

Very much disagree, this is bad advice which can only lead to great danger particularly at the tight corners. Clockwise.
rustychisel

Postby boss » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:17 pm

rustychisel wrote:
happysumo wrote:Ignore him. Clockwise when racing, but do whatever you please if you're not, really.

Very much disagree, this is bad advice which can only lead to great danger particularly at the tight corners. Clockwise.

Yep if you are cutting laps it's clockwise 100%. If you are going anti-clockwise, you sure as hell better be making a concerted effort to stay out of anyone and everyone's way.

There is no reason to ride it anti-clockwise if you know that clockwise is the done thing. Unless you're just being a prick.
boss

Return to South Australia