Out of towner - shop / bunch rides in Adelaide city?

Mezzo90-cyclist

Out of towner - shop / bunch rides in Adelaide city?

Postby Mezzo90-cyclist » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:06 am

G'day all

Staying here until Sunday and just wondering if there are any organised bunch / shop rides I can join in the AM during the week?

I'm going to guess my way to Wilunga today and corkscrew tomorrow , but I wouldn't mind jumping in a bunch and seeing more of this nice city..

brendan c

Re: Out of towner - shop / bunch rides in Adelaide city?

Postby brendan c » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:12 pm

Don't bother going to Willunga. It's a long and unpleasant ride for a reasonably difficult but short climb. There is longer stuff, harder stuff or longer and harder stuff just 10ks east from the city.

Check out the great climbs thread. I'd head to Lobethal via Norton Summit or Greenhill Road via Basket Range and Lenswood, back Gorge Rd and up Corkscrew or you could check out Paracombe on the same ride too, probably not too busy during the day either. if you want to check out TdU stuff you can easily check out the Paracombe finish on the same loop.

Greenhill Road is the best climb in town if you want a longer one. If you want HARD stuff look up the DirtyDozen ;) Mt Osmond is good, very similar to Corkscrew. Heaps of climbs to pick from.

Dr_Mutley

Re: Out of towner - shop / bunch rides in Adelaide city?

Postby Dr_Mutley » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:19 am

Sorry I didn't see this earlier as I would've taken u out.... I disagree a little with the Willunga reference... While Willunga hill isn't that hard or long, there's plenty of nice rolling hills and country side to make it a nice ride... There's also so other climbs out there that make it worthwhile.,, plus the coffee at Mclarenvale is pretty good [emoji106]