Rides in Adelaide

silkishuge

Rides in Adelaide

Postby silkishuge » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Hi
I have recently relocated to Adelaide and I would like to start riding again. I have been off the bike for a few months and would like to gradually regain some level of fitness. I am currently located in Northgate. I was planning to start commuting to and from work again but would also like to do some riding on Saturday mornings. Are there any group rides in the area or perhaps some like minded people who would like to go out for Saturday morning exercise?

Jon

Frostee

Re: Rides in Adelaide

Postby Frostee » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:04 pm

Hi welcome to Adelaide.
Adelaide Cyclists website lists a few group rides, and its a good place to link up with others http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Or you could try Bike SA http://www.bikesa.asn.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; they have a more extensive list of group rides.
Or you could just look to the east, see a hill and ride up it!

silkishuge

Postby silkishuge » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:17 pm

Thanks for the link. Nothing really neat my area and they seem like larger groups where I am just looking for smaller groups of 2 to 5 people who ride for a bit of exercise. I suppose I am looking for other cyclist on this forum who like to head to the hills on Saturday morning for a 50km ride.

Jon

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:14 pm

I sort of do that, but the timing and variability makes it hard to connect with people.

It can also vary with what peoples preferences are.

Oh, BTW, welcome to the best place for riding :D (somewhat biased) :mrgreen:

Jesmol

Postby Jesmol » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:19 pm

silkishuge wrote:Thanks for the link. Nothing really neat my area and they seem like larger groups where I am just looking for smaller groups of 2 to 5 people who ride for a bit of exercise. I suppose I am looking for other cyclist on this forum who like to head to the hills on Saturday morning for a 50km ride.

Jon
There's a group that does that on Sundays , Gully Grinders , Saturdays usually see a fair few groups going up Norton Summit to start a lumpy ride , but I haven't seen anywhere where the organise it.

There is an Adelaide Cycling FB page as well, you could pick up some groups there maybe.https://www.facebook.com/groups/424805690881796/

silkishuge

Postby silkishuge » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:38 pm

Thanks for the replies. If any of you want to go out for a ride 6ish am on Saturday mornings, please let me know. I will be doing a short loop up Up grand junction road and returning via Gorge road if anyone is keen

Jon