Canberra Tour

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Canberra Tour

Postby mikesbytes » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:30 pm

If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Canberra Tour

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:41 pm

mikesbytes wrote:Whos doing the Canberra Tour?

http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.au/c ... r_2006.asp
Had a look Events - 23rd Annual Canberra Tour 21st-23rd April 2006

Sorry, no can do. My TARDIS is in for a service :wink:

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:27 am

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:43 pm

It would be interesting, but I will probably stick with the Vets. It will be very busy along Urriara Road on Saturday afternoon, with both CCC and the Vets holding events. I wonder if anyone has worked it out yet?
The Men's E grade events are covered by the Vets Uriarra T Course and myUriarra - Cotter Loop. The Saturday stages are from the 12km mark to the 49km mark of the loop (one stage in each direction). The Sunday stage is the same loop, with a Uriarra to the Far Turn leg (out and back) added in. The time trial is pretty much the Vets Stromlo - Uriarra Short Course.
You'd want to bring your 'climbing legs' with you :wink:

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:00 pm

LuckyPierre wrote:You'd want to bring your 'climbing legs' with you :wink:
So its hilly, that could be an advantge to me, as the climbers I know that climb better than me are higher graded.

Burn plenty of Glycogen
Frame Size Calculator
ImageImageImage
training log

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:16 pm

I had to decide between Blayney to Bathurst and the Tour, and I've gone for (been talked into?) the Tour. I'll probably skip the time trial (unless there are lower grades) and just do the Saturday and Sunday stages.
We'll have to organise a 'meet and greet' if a few other 'forumites' turn up!

sogood

Postby sogood » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:27 pm

Does the tour cater for last minute entrants?
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:40 pm

The link that Mike put up has all the guff, but "The 24th Canberra Tour will be held on Fri 27th, Sat 28th & Sun 29th April 2007. All races will start and finish at the new Stromlo Forest Park, Uriarra Road, Weston Creek. Race Entry - The online race entry system is now open, https://commerce34.pair.com/tzone/event ... /index.php . Entries will close Sunday 15th April, 2007. Online late entries will be accepted up to the 22nd April and may incur a late entry fee. If you enter late you may not be included in the program.
On the day late entry registrations will be allowed up to one hour before the grade start. The entry fee is $85 per rider."

Having wandered through the process, what it means is that you can enter online now (that bit is obvious), between 15th and 22nd you can enter online but pay a $20 late fee (the online entry has no 'may' about it) and after 22nd, you can only enter on the day (but you mightn't get in). If you aren't a member of a Cycling Australia-affiliated club then you'll need an 'event licence' which is another $25. The ACT Vets aren't affiliated with CA, so I have to pay that. We're still deciding about team entries at the moment, so I probably won't be entering until Saturday.

sogood

Postby sogood » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:48 pm

LuckyPierre wrote:Having wandered through the process, what it means is that you can enter online now (that bit is obvious), between 15th and 22nd you can enter online but pay a $20 late fee (the online entry has no 'may' about it) and after 22nd, you can only enter on the day (but you mightn't get in). If you aren't a member of a Cycling Australia-affiliated club then you'll need an 'event licence' which is another $25.
Thanks for the translation. Actually I did look into that link but couldn't quite work out what they meant by "but you mightn't get in". For someone to drive 300km down from Sydney, it would be a bummer to just sit and watch. :wink:

I have a racing license, so that $20 + the uncertainty of "mightn't get in" are be the only penalties.

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:19 pm

sogood wrote: ... For someone to drive 300km down from Sydney, it would be a bummer to just sit and watch. :wink: ...
Sounds like you just talked youself into entering. :wink:

sogood

Postby sogood » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:27 pm

LuckyPierre wrote:Sounds like you just talked youself into entering. :wink:
Difficult. With school holiday and wife overseas, it's hard to get away. Was thinking of going for B2B but just found out I have no baby sitting options on Sun b/n 10-12. As for Canberra, that'll again depend on how lucky I get. Keeping my fingers crossed.