Training rides?

Training rides?

Postby mrgolf » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:24 pm

Hey. I am looking to link up with a bunch of riders for some training rides. I live in Watson, and am pretty keen to get some k's under my belt. Where would be the best place to look? Who should I talk to?

I have no idea what standard I am at, but I usually commute between 70 and 150kms a week, and have only missed 2 days this year. I like to push as hard as I can.

Any help appreciated.

I understand a group go out from ANU on Saturday mornings, but I have no idea from where...
mrgolf

by BNA » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:11 pm

BNA

Re: Training rides?

Postby psike » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:11 pm

Pedal Power have rides on Sunday mornings (8am winter / 7:30 summer) from Dickson College Carpark except for the last Sunday of the month when it's from Tuggeranong. See http://www.pedalpower.org.au and check the calendar for details. Look for Sunday Wanderers at http://www.pedalpower.org.au/events/index.asp .

Kona Jake The Snake
Scott Scale 35
Oppy Le Mauco
psike

Postby mrgolf » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:39 pm

Thanks. I might see how the weather is looking this weekend. Heading out to cotter/ uriarra tomorrow. Dickson College is only 500m from my house.
mrgolf

Postby mrgolf » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:37 pm

Did 70kms this morning in 1 degree fog. Capped off 230 odd k's for me for the week and I feel it. Wont make tomorrow, but I will try to get along in the next few weekends. Next weekend is the first duathlon... Ta for the heads up.
mrgolf

Postby psike » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:46 am

mrgolf wrote:Thanks. I might see how the weather is looking this weekend. Heading out to cotter/ uriarra tomorrow. Dickson College is only 500m from my house.

I'm close by Dickson college too, if you feel liek a ride sometime let me know. Dunno what pace you do tho, you seem to ride more than I do :( Away all next week, but after that always on the look for a decent ride.

Kona Jake The Snake
Scott Scale 35
Oppy Le Mauco
psike

Postby mrgolf » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:24 pm

I have no idea how fast I ride. I went out with the Bilby's and was in their middle group. Seems to be my group. If I push to do about 200k's a week I reckon I might almost be up with their fasties.

Speed isnt so important though. I am looking to get out and cover some k's and meet some people who know more than noob me. The ride to Uriarra homestead was pretty challenging, but lots of fun.
mrgolf

Postby bunchridefinder » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:04 am

Hi MrGolf,

How was the ride, did you get out with the bunch?
bunchridefinder

Postby mrgolf » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:40 pm

Hey. Rides have been good. Been out with a couple of groups affiliated with the Bilbys.
mrgolf

Return to ACT