Social Bunch Rides Road & MTB

Social Bunch Rides Road & MTB

Postby Zac150 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:38 pm

Howdy

I am looking at joining a south side beginner bunch ride on weekends, I have looked through the various club sites but can't find a lot of information; am I better off contacting the club committee members?

Looking through the sites they appear to be geared toward racing etc which I am not interested in at this stage, do the clubs cater for social riders as well?

I was also looking for a group ride out at Stromlo; I searched the CORC website, whilst they offer a get into riding style program it appears to be sporadic. I was wondering if they arrange a social ride on weekends as well?

Thanks Zac
Zac150

by BNA » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:00 am

BNA

Postby Bantam Roosta » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:00 am

Try Tuggeranong Vikings Triathlon Club.
I used to ride with them on Saturday mornings. I wasn't a member of their club and don't do triathlons either, but they have a pretty good bunch that leaves from the Tuggeranong pool. Depending on numbers they may split the ride up too. Even if they don't, the ride should be manageable.
Bantam Roosta

Re: Social Bunch Rides Road & MTB

Postby Zac150 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:55 am

Bantam, thanks for the tip.

I contacted the club last week to make sure it would be okay and they have made me more than welcome. I have tried a couple of sessions with them (one running) and Saturdays bunch ride which was excellent.

Thanks again Zac.
Zac150

Postby Bantam Roosta » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:10 am

Great news. Glad to see you got it sorted out and are happy.
Bantam Roosta

Postby Ross » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:08 pm

Bilbys triathetes have group rides usually 3 different bunches 3 different distances 40/60/80km starting from ANU Purple Pickle at 7am Saturdays.

CORC have a social MTB ride this Sunday 30/11 Cotter to Bulls Head.

Meet at the Cotter at 08:00 (park at the old pub site) for a ride up to Bulls Head. Plenty of climbing involved (but that means plenty of descending too). Proposed route: Brindabella Rd, Mt MacDonald, Bullock Flat Rd, Warks Rd, Old Mill Rd, Piccadilly Circus, Two Sticks Rd, Mt Creek Rd. Bring plenty of food and water and a bike that's not going to break down. A GPS and a map is a good idea too. The forecast looks good. Contact Neil Dall on 6161 3802 (hm) or eMail neildall<AT>webone<DOT>com<DOT>au

http://www.corc.asn.au/news/index.asp#1371
Ross

Return to ACT