Todays rides

Re: Todays rides

Postby ACT SC600 » Fri May 16, 2014 3:20 pm

cp123 wrote:I heard a radio announcement this morning re cyclist vs truck at the corner of State Circle and Melbourne Ave - approx. 6.30 or 7 am. Does anybody know any more? :|

Truck was a dual cab (tradie ute) bike looked cactus (went past around 630ish) police were on the scene but we didnt see an Ambulance - a guy who was standing talking to police was wearing what looked like to be a yellow high vis cycling jacket
ACT SC600

by BNA » Fri May 16, 2014 5:05 pm

BNA

Postby cp123 » Fri May 16, 2014 5:05 pm

with all due respect to that person - I hope he was the rider - (ie meaning if he was standing there he was relatively okay) and not just a witness to someone who may've already been carted off....
cp123

Postby Ross » Fri May 16, 2014 7:54 pm

The Friday bunch I usually ride with goes around State Circle...at that time...I may of dodged a bullet (or a twin cab tradie ute) by riding with a different bunch this morning. Though saying that, my alternate bunch encountered more than it's usual share of MMs on Hopetoun Cct/Mugga Way.
Ross

Postby cp123 » Fri May 16, 2014 8:39 pm

I was riding southbound on CW ave this evening and i'd just come out of the parly house tunnel and was going round towards the off ramp to Canberra Ave.

MM behind me gets on the horn in a looooong BLLLLAAAAAASSSSST and holds it for close to 20 seconds as he passed me. Maybe he was trying to get my attention about something...? :roll: It looked like a new mini minor and could've been dark blue (it was pretty dark) but had 2 white strips up and over it.

Numberplate could've been N BO z75 - or something like that. And unfortunately I didn't have the camera on because I never had time last night to charge it last night.

I hope he felt better for it because it didn't upset me on little bit.
cp123

Postby thelittlebattler » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:43 pm

Standard Mt Stromlo skyline loop this afternoon. Was my 2nd ride back after a month long holiday, beautiful afternoon for it. Everytime I do Stromlo I think to myself I should do it more often, only done a handful this year as I was training for road rides before the holiday (cycling in Europe).
The trails look good, and the new schwalbe tyre handles much better than the old conti explorers.
thelittlebattler

Postby cp123 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:45 pm

cp123

Previous

Return to ACT