Triathlon ACT 2010/11 Calendar Announced

Triathlon ACT 2010/11 Calendar Announced

Postby bpmhigh » Fri May 14, 2010 10:53 am

Good Morning All

I wouldn't normally spruik the Triathlon season here but I did notice that Mrgolf expressed an interest in tackling a duathlon. The full calendar is here:

http://res.au.eventdirector.net/TACT/SI ... geID=19890

The Duathlon Series kicks off on the 8th of August (sadly race 1 clashes with the City 2 Surf so I'm a non-starter), but I'm looking forward to races 2 and 3 out at Stromlo Forest Park. Race 3 in particular will be testing - a 10k run, 48k bike (out and back taking in the three sisters) and then another 5k run to finish.

In late October, the Sri Chinmoy crew put on their big Triathlon weekend with something for everyone. Beg, borrow or steal a westuit if you plan on entering the water, and dont forget to pause for reflection at the start and enjoy the post race pancakes at finish - I'll be hoping to break 2:30 in the classic distance race - 1500swim/40 bike/10 run.

Then the 4 race TACT cup commences with a short enduro (swim200, ride9, run2 then repeat) - my hot tip is to take off your cleat pedals, put on your old cages and cycle in your runners. You will be 2 minutes further down the road than otherwise. The other three races are over varying distances based out of Black Mountain Peninsular (cycle leg is up and down Lady Denman Drive) and Rond Terrace (A biggie on Australia Day weekend).

Having pushed a 12 kilo steel framed monster around in the cycle legs last season, I'm hoping to acquire enough funds to finish my shiny new TT bike in time for the new season (It takes alot of foregone coffees, lunches, and kids piggybank raids to afford Dura Ace and Zipps!)

Cheers
bpmhigh

by BNA » Sat May 15, 2010 1:18 pm

BNA

Re: Triathlon ACT 2010/11 Calendar Announced

Postby mrgolf » Sat May 15, 2010 1:18 pm

I did 2 of the 3 races last year, inc the Aust champs. Well organised events. Seriously considering going again. CHeers
mrgolf

Return to ACT