Canberra bike shops - recommendations?

Ross

Re: Canberra bike shops - recommendations?

Postby Ross » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:49 am

I think they are now called On The Rivet

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:15 pm

Onya Bike in Phillip is now know as 'On the Rivit'. They have droped Giant and are now a Trek dealer.

The Tug store will also be refurbed and be come 'On the Rivit' as well, but will be stocking Trek and Merida.

Just have to move all the old Giant stock. Some decent deals, but not much range in terms of model and size.
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

konazz

Postby konazz » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:33 pm

Another +1 for Onya (city/belco)...

between my friends we've bought:
1 roadie, 5 mtbs, 3 flatbars and 2 cruisers/ladies - all of them have been given great service, and the majority got a decent discount (25% of my flatbar, my mate got a 15% discount on a brand new 2012 model that hadn't been delivered yet).

Being my LBS, I always get great service, and have all 3 of my bikes serviced there...

A certain bike store in Phillip didn't tighten my mates stem and it came loose while riding... not cool as he couldn't steer it. Took it back, they re-tightened it and 5kms later, the brake levers weren't re-tightened.
2011 Allegro Touring 105 groupo, Ultegra Velocity Deep V rims

tjanssen

Postby tjanssen » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:33 am

+1 for Smiths in Fyshwick

I went to a few bike shops before getting my latest bike from Smiths cycles in Fyshwick. Of all the bike shops they have been the nicest, most helpful and have a good sense of humour. You can tell that they genuinely love geeking out about bikes and have a passion for cycling that can't be faked.

I purchased my commuting flatbar from them, a Marin Point Reyes 29er. Already thinking about getting a Fuji 29er mountain bike from them for some off road madness!!!

Also, they had competitive prices and gave me 10% accessories when I bought my bike.

Oh and clip in cycling shoes, they are fantastic!!!