Fame painters in Canberra

Fame painters in Canberra

Postby Jean » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:13 am

Hi,

I thought I recalled something about this around here, but I can't dig it out with a search. Can anyone point me in the direction of, or recommend, any painters around town who'd do a good job on a (steel) frame?

Cheers
Jean
Jean

by BNA » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:59 pm

BNA

Re: Fame painters in Canberra

Postby seddo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:59 pm

Have been recommended Redback Race paint by LBS
seddo

Postby GregLR » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:21 pm

Jean

I will be interested to see if you get any responses on this question. In the meantime, I thought I'd mention (though you may already know about this option) that I've used Star Enamellers in Bankstown 4 times for steel road frame repaints (ie, enamelling) and friends of mine have as well.

Star Enamellers are mentioned in this thread: http://www.bikesmoveus.com.au/showthrea ... -road-bike and on this page: http://www.spamventdocument.com/frank-p ... enamellers

Star do a great job. Contact details are here: http://www.yellowpages.com.au/nsw/banks ... sting.html

But I think that you will need to have the frame stripped of paint first, via sand blasting or whatever process is used these days. I don't know if Star also handle this, because it was arranged for me by a bike shop in Sydney a couple of times (Peter Bundy Cycles) and another time by Gundaroo framebuilder Wayne Kotzur (who then couriered the frame to Star).

My experience was in the early 2000s but a friend used them last year to repaint a 1960s Colnago frame by replicating the original colour scheme.

Greg
GregLR

Postby Ross » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:40 am

If you just want one colour and already have the bike stripped down to a bare frame then any panel beater/spray paint shop should be able to do it. Go out to Fyshwick and probably better if the colour you wanted coincided with a car they were repairing at the time. I've heard it costs around $500 just to turn the spray oven on.

There is/was a snadblaster in Fyshwick, in the minor industrial area off Gladstone St, opposite the Paragon Mall. Just looked up Yellow Pages- A A Sandblasting 26 Cessnock St, Fyshwick ACT 2609, ph 6239 1970
Ross

Postby redback-paint » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:54 pm

Yes guys, I will do bike frames - have been for a while for a few of the shops here. Theres about 6 bike jobs out there now to do- some just for carbon repairs, so take it easy I have motorcycle work to do also.
cheers Paul
0411 239202 62805433
1/9 collie street Fyshwick
redback-paint

Postby seddo » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:50 pm

redback-paint wrote:Yes guys, I will do bike frames - have been for a while for a few of the shops here. Theres about 6 bike jobs out there now to do- some just for carbon repairs, so take it easy I have motorcycle work to do also.
cheers Paul
0411 239202 62805433
1/9 collie street Fyshwick

Welcome Paul hope to see you soon

cheers
seddo

Postby Jean » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:25 pm

Thanks for the responses. I had a phone chat with both Star & Redback.
Jean

Return to ACT