Anyone got a ride planned for 30 September?

Anyone got a ride planned for 30 September?

Postby njosey17 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:32 pm

Its a public holiday guys - we have to take advantage of it!

Was toying with the idea of driving down to Jindabyne or Beridale and climbing to Thredbo on the road bike. Was also thinking Lake George might be an option, but I have done that before so thought that this would be something different.

Anyone keen/have any thoughts?
njosey17

by BNA » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:32 pm

BNA

Re: Anyone got a ride planned for 30 September?

Postby mrgolf » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:32 pm

I thought public holiday was the week after... Whats your source? :P

This may change my school holiday plans.

Edit: it seems they are both public holidays. Or are they? One is Family and Community day, the other Labour Day.Back to the drawing board. Was planning a big ride on Monday, but if bogan central will be out in force, I may opt for some local early hill repeats...
mrgolf

Postby skull » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:14 pm

mrgolf wrote:I thought public holiday was the week after... Whats your source? :P

This may change my school holiday plans.

Edit: it seems they are both public holidays. Or are they? One is Family and Community day, the other Labour Day.Back to the drawing board. Was planning a big ride on Monday, but if bogan central will be out in force, I may opt for some local early hill repeats...

Both, the 30 sep one is a ACT PH Family and Community day, the following monday is Labour day and a national holiday.
skull

Postby njosey17 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:21 am

Happy days, right? Almost get the feeling that Families and Communities day was totally made up - although nice that people can spend the first day of the school holidays with their kids...

...or go for a ride. :D
njosey17

Postby lobstermash » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:22 am

F&C day used to be on Melbourne Cup day. Apparently too many people took the Monday off, so they moved it to let people have a really unproductive day at work for the racing event and be hung over for the Wednesday... I'm guessing the new timing is to get people along to Floriade.
lobstermash

Postby HAKS » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:52 pm

lobstermash wrote:F&C day used to be on Melbourne Cup day. Apparently too many people took the Monday off, so they moved it to let people have a really unproductive day at work for the racing event and be hung over for the Wednesday... I'm guessing the new timing is to get people along to Floriade.

There was massive backlash from the business community as well as most of Cbr left town for 4days meaning next to no $ flowing through shops & eateries on Melb cup day. So as you said now we get a holiday and half a day at least to eat/drink/watch horses run around and everyone is happy :).
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)
HAKS

Return to ACT