Crit track at Stromlo

TheDon

Crit track at Stromlo

Postby TheDon » Thu May 08, 2014 10:30 pm

What's the general deal with the crit track at Stromlo. Can you just ride around it (assuming there is no booking or event on that day). Also any suggestions on best way to get there from the Northside by bike? I tried following some signs to Stromlo Forest Park recently but I took a wrong turn due to roadworks and ended up rambling around near Stromlo and ended up doing the climb up to the observatory which was no bad thing. I would normally ask my cycling sense but he's off overseas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nescius

Re: Crit track at Stromlo

Postby nescius » Fri May 09, 2014 8:11 am

Yes you can ride around it whenever you like as long as it hadn't been exclusively booked by someone (maybe there's a booking page on the website?)

If you're coming from north of the lake you can follow the path around the lake, over the dam, turn right to follow along the molonglo river, under the parkway then take the left up past the RSPCA which will bring you to cotter road, follow cotter road towards stromlo go left at the lights and up the hill, turn right at swallowtail road then left at the roundabout, then just follow the path.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Scott Spark 900 RC | Yeti Arc | Yeti SB130 | Trek Madone 4.5 | Look 695 SR ipack

mistertim

Postby mistertim » Fri May 09, 2014 10:54 am

Or, if you're happy to ride on the roads and not bike paths, get on to William Hovell Dr, then turn down Coppins Crossing Road and follow it all the way to the end (careful of the road works going on there at the moment). Where Coppins Crossing Road intersects with Uriarra Road is just metres away from the main entrance to Stromlo Forest Park and the crit track.

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Fri May 16, 2014 1:00 pm

Been there a few times early in the morning with training groups who have bookings. They normally don't mind the odd rider doing their own thing as long as they are riding the same way as the training group and generally stay out of the way i.e. outside on the bends etc.

Fri afternoons use to be always open (i.e. no bookings allowed) but not sure if that is still the norm.
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)