Green path near CIT

TheDon

Green path near CIT

Postby TheDon » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:07 pm

I've noticed a chunk of path near CIT (not long after you go under the GDE tunnel heading towards the hospital/CIT) has been redone, or at a minimum painted an odd shade of green. Plus some painted arrows at either end. Just curious if anyone knows what it is all about.

nescius

Re: Green path near CIT

Postby nescius » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:13 am

It's probably the glow in the dark bike path
Scott Spark 900 RC | Yeti Arc | Yeti SB130 | Trek Madone 4.5 | Look 695 SR ipack

Noviss

Postby Noviss » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:08 pm

Seemed to be glowing when I came past it tonight.

Nicest piece of cycle path infrastructure in ACT. Very smooth but also fairly short.

I came off the GDE one day and decided to go left (I usually turn right and go through the AIS to Belconnen) as the sign indicates there is a path to Belconnen. The path from the GDE exit to Heydon Drive is very nice. Once you negotiate the Heydon Drive crossing the path just ends at College Street. No on road lane on Heydon Drive or a footpath of any kind only scrub from College Street to the UC entrance.

WarrenH

Postby WarrenH » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:02 pm

My wife Helen and I went and had a squiz at the path this evening ... it would be nice if this low-glow went all the way out to Macgregor, along the Ginninderra Creek cycle path. TAMS needs to get more into the programme.

Toing and froing, about 90m NW of the Gungahlin underpass.

Warren.
Last edited by WarrenH on Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"But on steep descending...Larson TT have bad effect on the mind of a rider" - MadRider from Suji, Korea 2001.

"Paved roads ... another fine example of wasteful government spending." - a bumper sticker.

WarrenH

Postby WarrenH » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:02 pm

Sorry, double post removed.
"But on steep descending...Larson TT have bad effect on the mind of a rider" - MadRider from Suji, Korea 2001.

"Paved roads ... another fine example of wasteful government spending." - a bumper sticker.