Warning for anyone riding around the lake.......

Noviss

Warning for anyone riding around the lake.......

Postby Noviss » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:40 am

The gravel on the parade ground area near Commonwealth Park on the Northern side of the lake has been topped up and is very loose. If you are on a road bike its like riding on marbles and steering or any sudden change in direction could end in tears. What was a previously a comfortable surface to ride on is now very loose and unstable.

Also, if you are riding North on Caswell Drive and the GDE there is a lot of debris in the bike lane. More than the usual detritus that seems to accumulate along this stretch of road. Most of it is just rubbish - glass, bits of wood, garden prunings etc - but there are some larger items such as chair bases and builders rubble which could cause some real damage if you hit it.

Howzat

Re: Warning for anyone riding around the lake.......

Postby Howzat » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:46 pm

You can report hazards like this on the Canberra "fix my street" site.

https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/a ... ixmystreet

I've done this for a few potholes on common cycle routes and they are usually fixed pretty quickly, especially if the road surface presents a safety hazard or likelihood of injury.

Grgic

Postby Grgic » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:13 am

That red gravel area on LBG is quite hazardous now. I'm no longer short cutting across it.
http://www.strava.com/athletes/3420668? ... ce=top-nav" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dropnroll

Postby dropnroll » Mon May 02, 2016 9:55 pm

We now refer to this section as the "Rond [Terrace] van Vlaanderen".