The post Aust day clean up of bike paths?

The post Aust day clean up of bike paths?

Postby crazycanuck » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:34 pm

Anyone know how long it'll take for all the glass & other gunk from the oh so lovely :evil: aust day revelers to be cleared from the river bike path?

I'd like to ride along the river sometime next week without glass everywhere!!!
crazycanuck

by BNA » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:30 pm

BNA

Postby ScottDavis » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:30 pm

Well you can't do that normally to be honest, so post Australia day won't be different. :(

I had a recent run of 9 punctures in 3 weeks. Everytime I was pulling bits of glass from my tyres. Admittedly the tyres were Hutchinson Equinox which are crap. I've since moved to Gatorskins for commuting. Not sure if it's just me but the state of Perth's cycle paths within 5-6kms of the CBD seem to be getting worse with respect to glass.
2009 Focus Raven Expert, 2008 Oppy Le Mauco (In Blue), 2005 Avanti Corsa Carbonio, 2003 GT i-Drive 3.0
http://twitter.com/ScottDavis
http://700x23.wordpress.com/
ScottDavis

Postby toofat » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:26 pm

Glass was especially bad after new year,
could be vastly reduced with the introduction of container deposit legislation

a great scheme that encourages recycling and vastly reduces dangerous broken glass

works a treat in South Australia where the pollies had the balls to introduce policy for the benefit of the environment and the people.

It hasn't happened in WA because the major bottlers don't want it. Ah well just bung both parties a sizeable donation and perhaps they will always find other things that are more important.

Democracy is a bit of a joke when you need millions from big business or unions or both to get re elected
toofat

Postby twowheels » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:31 pm

"alcohol free event", might not be as bad as previous years
twowheels

Postby weekendrider » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:44 pm

Well the council that I work for has put extra bins in areas that we know are prone to rubbish also we have placed extra bins near pubs and restaurants as well. As for that clean up the bins are pick up next day and clean up teams start work on Wednesday first thing 6:30am I hope that answers you question.
weekendrider

Return to Western Australia