saturday morning social rides?

saturday morning social rides?

Postby Chaderotti » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:10 pm

I live in the morley area, pretty close to beechboro. I usually ride from home to the city, no idea why I do... :)
about a 60~ km round trip.

So I'm starting to get pretty bored on my own, I want to see what it's like to ride in a group. Social group to meet new people and hopefully ride to new places, maybe Freo. I tried riding to Freo once following the blue signs :P .
It can't be too early in the morning, seeing as I have to ride to the meeting point which presumably would be in the city... or I could always wake up an hour earlier :roll:

Any idea's?
Chaderotti

by BNA » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:56 pm

BNA

Postby ScottDavis » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:56 pm

Best bet might be looking at local bike stores. Most have Sat AM group rides leaving around 6.30-7.00am and doing a loop of the river. Try Bike Force or CycleMania. The latter does 2 groups and slower (29kph) and faster (33-34kph) group.
2009 Focus Raven Expert, 2008 Oppy Le Mauco (In Blue), 2005 Avanti Corsa Carbonio, 2003 GT i-Drive 3.0
http://twitter.com/ScottDavis
http://700x23.wordpress.com/
ScottDavis

Postby craigg » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:37 pm

I went along to the cyclemania group ride last Saturday morning. First time I've ridden in a group and I enjoyed it. We ended up doing about 55km - down to Fremantle on the northern side and back via the southern side. Found some hills and roads I hadn't previously known about. The ride was at a fairly comfortable pace - not too fast or too slow and no sprints. I assume the fast group cruises about the same speed but has a number of sprints in it. It ended at a cafe somewhere off Oxford St and Scarborough beach road. I'd recommend it and will probably be back next Sat morning.
craigg

Return to Western Australia