Crash info

Crash info

Postby moosterbounce » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:40 pm

Saw this on the Bicycle Transport Alliance website:

Crash Update:
Sandi, one of the cyclists who stopped to help those injured in the crash on West Leederville overpass sends this update: Don, the rider with the head injuries, spent more than 4 hours in the operating theatre on Friday to repair his jaw (top as well) and neck injuries but is on the mend.

Thumbs up to Barossa Cellars, the liquor store on Railway Parade opposite the West Leederville Railway Station which, despite barely having enough vacant storage space to swing a cat, provided safe storage for Don’s precious bike until it could be picked up. Support the store that supports cyclists.

Does anyone know anything about this? It seems very serious. I ride this area sometimes so wondered how it happened so I can be aware not to let it happen to me!!

Moo...
moosterbounce

by BNA » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:56 pm

BNA

Postby heavymetal » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:56 pm

I don't know about this particular crash, but that overpass is usually full of drunks.
There is only one BicycleWA.
heavymetal
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby purplegolden » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:39 pm

Didn't know about this one either - but I noticed that a car seems to have hopped over the freeway onto the bike path near the Vincent St offramp (heading south) in Leederville. I think it occured on the weekend.
purplegolden

Return to Western Australia