Perth Assos Dealer?

senator52

Perth Assos Dealer?

Postby senator52 » Tue May 05, 2009 11:03 pm

Just wondering if there is a Perth Assos dealer? I haven't seen one around but I would find it unusual there wouldn't be one?

ajh_ausnzcf

Re: Perth Assos Dealer?

Postby ajh_ausnzcf » Wed May 06, 2009 3:01 am

I haven't found one so I ordered direct online.

The chamois creme is some marvelous goop.
Axles A Randonee O Noodle.

"Doc, just tell me straight ... am I going to die?"

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed May 06, 2009 11:47 am

G'day

Ride 'n Style in Cottesloe might stock them ... they have a good range of clothing and reasonable prices.

Regards
Andrew

ausdb

Postby ausdb » Wed May 06, 2009 12:39 pm

senator52 wrote:Just wondering if there is a Perth Assos dealer? I haven't seen one around but I would find it unusual there wouldn't be one?
Glen Parkers had some Assos clothing so may be able to help you, I was drooling over one of their Gilets until I saw the price then my jaw really dropped :o

senator52

Postby senator52 » Wed May 06, 2009 8:30 pm

ajh_ausnzcf wrote:I haven't found one so I ordered direct online.

Hmmm, yes I pondered this route but I would prefer to try clothing on and know it fits than have a guess. Did you buy bibs, how is their sizing chart?

daz72

Postby daz72 » Wed May 06, 2009 10:30 pm

Aushiker wrote:G'day

Ride 'n Style in Cottesloe might stock them ... they have a good range of clothing and reasonable prices.

Regards
Andrew
Thanks for letting us know about this place Andrew, I was going by the area today so dropped in. Great range and as you said reasonably priced. Picked myself up a nice new jersey. Never knew about the place before but will be sure to drop in there again down the track.

Regards,
Daz
Last edited by daz72 on Wed May 06, 2009 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trek Madone 5.5

sogood

Postby sogood » Wed May 06, 2009 10:32 pm

I haven't seen any LBS carry Assos gears in Sydney. I would not be surprised if they only do mail-order and walk-in sales.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

ajh_ausnzcf

Postby ajh_ausnzcf » Thu May 07, 2009 12:31 am

senator52 wrote:
ajh_ausnzcf wrote:I haven't found one so I ordered direct online.

Hmmm, yes I pondered this route but I would prefer to try clothing on and know it fits than have a guess. Did you buy bibs, how is their sizing chart?
Nope, no bibs yet, I normally take small sizing and with Assoss I'm the smaller small size. If you really want to buy the good stuff they will send out an article based on your measurements, you can then try it on. If you have a fit problem you can send it back for closer fit size as long as you don't spoil the garment. Just ask them first, they are quite generous getting the correct fitting garment and at minimum $250 a pop for bibs it's good to have that. Stuff is sent out express mail, you'll have it next day.

senator52

Postby senator52 » Sat May 09, 2009 5:56 pm

ajh_ausnzcf wrote: Stuff is sent out express mail, you'll have it next day.
Is this from www.assos.com.au ?

ajh_ausnzcf

Postby ajh_ausnzcf » Sat May 09, 2009 6:27 pm

senator52 wrote:
Is this from http://www.assos.com.au ?
Yep, that's it.

Ant.

Postby Ant. » Sat May 09, 2009 7:34 pm

ajh_ausnzcf wrote:
senator52 wrote:
Is this from http://www.assos.com.au ?
Yep, that's it.
Interesting.
I asked them about the '09 aerochrono skin suit, they said they had one in black and one in white, both a medium, and they suggested I come in and try it on*, when I told them I'm from Perth, and I'd be happy to buy it, try it on, but have the option to return at my cost after trying it on, and wait for a small to arrive if it doesn't fit me, I got no reply.
Plus it took about a week for someone to initially tell me they don't have any. I replied in a day. A week later someone told me they actually did get in two, I replied in a day saying my height/weight/will it fit?. A week later they sent me the first email I mentioned. So I'm glad some people are getting some good service from Assos :roll:

*does no one realise that @student.uwa.edu.au is a UWA email account? The amount of shops saying "you're very welcome to drop by the store and check it out" is astounding.
Cervélo R3
Cervélo P3C
BT Blade

ajh_ausnzcf

Postby ajh_ausnzcf » Sat May 09, 2009 7:47 pm

Ant. wrote: Interesting.
I asked them about the '09 aerochrono skin suit, they said they had one in black and one in white, both a medium, and they suggested I come in and try it on*, when I told them I'm from Perth, and I'd be happy to buy it, try it on, but have the option to return at my cost after trying it on, and wait for a small to arrive if it doesn't fit me, I got no reply.
Plus it took about a week for someone to initially tell me they don't have any. I replied in a day. A week later someone told me they actually did get in two, I replied in a day saying my height/weight/will it fit?. A week later they sent me the first email I mentioned. So I'm glad some people are getting some good service from Assos :roll:

*does no one realise that @student.uwa.edu.au is a UWA email account? The amount of shops saying "you're very welcome to drop by the store and check it out" is astounding.
Probably best to call them using the telephone. They might have hundreds of email queries everyday. Nothing but top notch service for me.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Mon May 11, 2009 8:34 pm

G'day

Not a Perth dealer but Competitive Cyclist (US) have Assos gear on special. Don't know how the pricing compares but.

Regards
Andrew

Stackhat

Postby Stackhat » Mon May 11, 2009 9:18 pm

Some absolutely awesome prices there - much better than you will get them locally and if you get a few things it will bring average cost with postage down. I want to get the early winter gloves as they are half the price of them here though postage cost for one item brings it up abit so maybe not worth it