Dwellingup 100 MTB Event

Aushiker

Dwellingup 100 MTB Event

Postby Aushiker » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:25 pm

G'day

Quoting directly from the email ...
WA's newest mountain bike event makes its much anticipated debut on the 19th September this year. The Dwellingup 100 will be the first 100km non-stop event to Western Australia. The course is set amongst some of the most fantastic scenery in Dwellingup, which is just 90 minutes from Perth.

After significant planning and hard work from TriEvents and the Perth Mountain Bike Club (in particular, Tony Tucknott), we are excited to announce that entries are now open first the first Dwellingup 100 MTB Classic. There are three categories to choose from - the D14 (14km loop), the Dwellingup Le Grande (40km Southern loop) and the big one, the 100km Dwellingup MTB Classic.

For Roadies, Recreational Riders, Triathletes or Cyclo Sportif teams looking for a new challenge, the Dwellingup 100 will deliver more fun, excitement and adventure than you’ve ever had on the road.

As an extra incentive to get you entries in, the first 20 people who register for the 100km ride will receive a 2 litre OZTrail Hydration Pack, valued at $30.00. (pictured left)

In order to preserve the course and its surrounding environment in the lead-up to the event, we will not be releasing detailed maps of the course, all we can indicate is that the course will commence and finish at Dwellingup football oval and that there is some amazing parts to this fun, yet challenging course. It features some of the Munda Biddi Trail, The Turner Hill Super Stage as well as a great mix of single track and fire trail. For more information on the course, accommodation and other important event information go to www.dwellingup100.com.au email info@trievents.com.au or phone 9244 5200.

You can enter online by clicking here and following the prompts, alternatively, we have registration forms which can be downloaded from the website and returned to the TriEvents office.
Anyone interested?

Andrew

cavebear2

Re: Dwellingup 100 MTB Event

Postby cavebear2 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:58 pm

It's the same date as the Audax Spring Dawn to Dusk 250km and I'm on the CTA On Your Bike Wheatbelt social tour. :D

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:34 pm

Hmm - something to aim for. Looks like a good event.

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

sarmy

Postby sarmy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:44 am

get excited mountain bikers and get some k's on your legs!!!

the dwellingup 100 is going to one awesome event, the person that has planned the route is a passionate mtb'er 8) , this is going to be the best enduro WA has seen!! the only other comparison in WA for a similar event is the karri ride, which is boring fireroad and some great singletrack....and a 5 hr drive away.

im entering, i will decide between the 40 and 100 depending on how i pull up after the perth mtb club 6hr race at jarrahdale this weekend.....mmmm, j/dale this weekend after all this rain?? its going to be fun!!

crazycanuck

Postby crazycanuck » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:13 pm

Sarmy, are you & your dear doing the 6hr solo? 8) Way cool chickadee, you've come a long way :D

Ian & I are out for the fun of it but still want to do some good laps. I need to nail a couple of the drop offs & i'll be a happy camper!

In regards to the dwelli 100, we're training for it now but won't know if we can actually participate until we receive confirmation of when my mom, 2 aunts & cousin are coming..round the same time.

I love Turner HIll, jamie's done an awesome job on the trail! 8)

sarmy

Postby sarmy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:20 pm

yep crazy both solo. i had to enter an event to get my backside back into gear, been back on the bike 3 weeks! im in it to ride that course for 6hrs. you can still ride dwell100, just book some half decent accom, take the rellies with you, its a nice town to wander round for them while you ride, tell em its an outback aussie town!! if i dont ride it then thats what i will be doing with the kids in tow.

the drop offs are ok once someone shows you the best line to take, just be careful who you follow down them!

are you solo or in a duo ?

crazycanuck

Postby crazycanuck » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:52 pm

Sarm, i think the best lines for the two drop offs is to go to the right. I did a meander lap a week or so ago & spent a good 10-15min looking at it from both top & bottom to see if right was the best way. In my head..yes. Same with another section on the first loop-I may nail part of it but will struggle to do the immediate left turn uphill.. :oops:
I just need to take a few of the sections calmly & stay focused.

Nup, not solo. Ian & I normally do the 6hr as a team but have our time limits discussed etc beforehand. I'm doing 3laps, he's doing 4.

The 12hr's a diff kettle of fish :D 8)

Troy C

Postby Troy C » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:40 pm

I am doing the 6hr as well, for the 2nd time - Solo
I love how use road riders come to play with the "dark side" for a few hours and are made to feel more than welcome
I hope 7 laps, just looking for some great laps and no big offs
I'LL be riding in Cyclebuzz gear so say G'day
Good luck
Regards
Troy
Rota-M Cycling Team, Board Member of ATTA, Member of CWA, WCMCC

crazycanuck

Postby crazycanuck » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:04 pm

Troy..roadies are welcome as long as they don't stand in the middle of the freakin singletrack!!! I'm sure you don't but some roadies just don't get it.. :roll:

Why not come over to the dark side more often than just the 6hr? We don't have cooties!!

Troy C

Postby Troy C » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:25 pm

How did we go? I had a good race, waiting for the results now
Managed to get 7 laps in 5 1/2 hours could done 8, but had mechanical gremlins around the 3rd hour
Great race, love the rain, except the clean up of the gear
Regards
Troy
Rota-M Cycling Team, Board Member of ATTA, Member of CWA, WCMCC

sarmy

Postby sarmy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:18 pm

4 laps started 5th was hitting things and sliding off logs, making stupid decisions and taking bad lines. stopped before i was another causality for 1st aid to deal with. legs were great i had heaps there but the mind wasnt co-operating, not sore at all. the hail hurt. rode everything except the huge logover just before riding thru the tree, the drops were good, didnt have a fall. disappointed with myself for not continuing. will better it next year. did better lap times than i expected. been off bike for 5 weeks and decided 3 weeks prior to event that i had to enter something to get my mojo back, it worked. certainly cooled down quick once off the bike!