What's the state of the cycle path in Baldivis?

spinningman

What's the state of the cycle path in Baldivis?

Postby spinningman » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:02 pm

I sometimes ride from my home in the eastern suburbs to a friends house in Settlers Hill, Baldivis a journey of 77km. Can anyone tell me the state of the cycle path at that end of the freeway? Last time I was down there in January there were detours sending you out the back of nowhere before bringing you back around the to the petrol station and Hungry Jacks at the roundabout. What's it like now?

Thanks in advance!

Spinningman

Aushiker

Re: What's the state of the cycle path in Baldivis?

Postby Aushiker » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:38 pm

G'day

I haven't ridden down the way in yonks (haven't ridden in yonks :roll: ) but I drove past last Monday on my way back from Bunbury and it look like it was still closed, i.e., the backwater route is still in place.

Someone, maybe funkymonkey may have more definitive info.

Andrew

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:20 pm

Looks like the Audax ride is swinging around that way, can let you know after I have recovered on Sunday.

spinningman

Postby spinningman » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:23 pm

Cheers ! 8)

Funkymonk

Postby Funkymonk » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:09 pm

Aushiker wrote:G'day

I haven't ridden down the way in yonks (haven't ridden in yonks :roll: ) but I drove past last Monday on my way back from Bunbury and it look like it was still closed, i.e., the backwater route is still in place.

Someone, maybe funkymonkey may have more definitive info.

Andrew

Yeah its still all bypassed and grubby , was down that wa Wed arvo , cvut thru the back to the Caltex and swing south onto Baldivas road ??? to Mandurah and back up SW hiway

Actually last time you were down there Andy Pandy , was with me and Graham hey ??? when you kepts aasking "ARE WE THERE YET ?" :lol: :lol: "COME ON GUYS I SAW THE SIGN THAT SAID ROCKINGHAM" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BOAB

Postby BOAB » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:49 pm

Hi
Last time I was going through there is was still being detoured.
When I do the Perth-Mandurah run, I turn off at the detour which is at Zig Zag Rd and then left into Baldivis Rd. Then instead of riding Baldivis Rd
all the way to the Servo/HJ's, I turn right into Fifty Rd then left onto Eighty Rd which takes you straight into Settlers Hill (Safety Bay Rd).
All roads are pretty quiet trafficwise and the road surfaces aren't to bad either.

BOAB